+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genuinely. Any advice for when your marriage goes tits up?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I feel greatly glad to have been married to a wonderful woman for 20 years.

Horses for courses…
    Me too - though not the married bit, we've been happily living over t'brush for 18 years now. I'd be no good living on my own, but as you say, horses for courses. Both my brothers are single (one of them twice divorced) and are doing very nicely.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

Best wishes to all of you family Sandy. I have no personal experience of divorce, but it does seem to be best for all concerned to keep it amicable and avoid solicitors.

As was said earlier, keep an eye on your kids.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Sandy.

Thanks for all replies folks, all very wise.
    As a couple of you have said, the kids (teenagers) are really important in this and have to be a priority in any financial arrangement. We're managing to keep things civil between us so that's good, and both of us want to keep legal involvement to a bare minimum.
    I know I'm going because I have started packing up the hifi! Very sad. And like a couple of you I have also been married before (but no kids from that) and perhaps ought to have known better, but there you go...
    There's an advert for divorce lawyers at the bottom of the page... co-incidence?
    Thanks again.

I'm Alan.

Sandy it sounds like you are on the right path.

My divorce 30 years ago was a right fuck up. Very acrimonious, my daughter is totally estranged and I've only had limited contact with my son.
    Keep going and don't involve solicitors.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Sandy it sounds like you are on the right path.

My divorce 30 years ago was a right fuck up. Very acrimonious, my daughter is totally estranged and I've only had limited contact with my son.
    Keep going and don't involve solicitors.
    I'm sorry to hear that Alan. Sounds shite. I hear a lot about kids being used as pawns and they end up as collateral damage. I am trying to have a successful separation even if the relationship has failed. You can only ever do your best, and if the other party is intent on fekking things up there's precious little you can do about it.

I'm Alan.

It wasn't quite that simple but history now.

No 2 was much better.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Phil.

as FB has mentioned things can get very acrimonias sadly as partners come up with crazy demands for your pension etc etc . not easy to avoid legal help to avoid this
    do hope you get things sorted .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Sandy.

Absolutely hoping to avoid such shenanigans...

I'm Sandy.

Just a wee update, since all of you have been so supportive at the beginning of the year.
    Moved into my own place, eventually, a few weeks ago. Things with my wife are actually pretty good, considering, and kids are OK. So glass half full!
    Could be much worse, although we've not engaged in any legal or financial malarkey yet...
    Thanks again for supportive comments.

I'm Brian.

Good luck to you all Sandy.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast