+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuinely. Any advice for when your marriage goes tits up?

I'm Sandy.

Default Genuinely. Any advice for when your marriage goes tits up?

After 18 yrs my wife has called time. I don't disagree with her- we've both been unhappy for too long. Kids are fine with it- I am not easy to live with nor have been the best father, so am not a victim in this. They love me, and I love them. My wife is not an ogre but neither of us are without fault.
    Just want some pragmatic advice.

I'm Grant.

Try to both keep it as friendly and equitable as possible, if possible.
    Sad it's happened but maybe best long term if your both unhappy.
    Living alone isn't end of the world by any means but it is different.

You both may end up liking each other more when separate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sandy.

Think you're right Grant. Been four weeks now, still living under the same roof, different rooms for a couple of years, so no drama. Thanks.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Try to both keep it as friendly and equitable as possible, if possible.
    Sad it's happened but maybe best long term if your both unhappy.
    Living alone isn't end of the world by any means but it is different.

You both may end up liking each other more when separate
    Wise words, try minimise the use of legal eagles, or they'll eat you alive!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

I can only suggest that you work things out together, starting with the things you agree most on...
    ...and always try and meet each other half way, except perhaps on some agreed issues that you are both willing to give way on.

I wish you both an amicable future...

Years ago an old friend of mine remarried his ex wife several years after their divorce.!
    Not I suspect the most common story ending...

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Steve.

Agree with Grant, wise words. It's very sad, but life is too short to waste hoping things will get better. And as Don says, professional "help" best kept to a minimum. They're only in it to make money, your money.

Right now it feels like the end of the road, but really it could be the start of a new road. I wish you well, all of you.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dominic.

I agree, there is no need whatsoever to get lawyers involved becuase they want you to squabble over houses, children and chattels, which of course raises the amount of money they suck out from you.

Divorce is only a matter of some form filling, a small fee and tabling any agreements you have made over chattels and kids.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Shane.

I feel greatly glad to be forever single. The sheer freedom is heavenly bliss.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well I’m currently on wife number two (no vacancy for number three just yet) and from experience, sage advice so far - try to keep everything civil, and fair, and try to stay friendly (if not friends) if you can.

Not sure about the US, but in the UK you don’t even need a lawyer to complete a divorce, but if you agree everything with each other it should just be a “rubber stamp” exercise and fees kept to a minimum.

I don’t know how old your children are, but they’re the most important ones to think about especially if they are still kids - they may say they are fine about it but I’d be paying extra attention to their feelings and reassuring them every step of the way. Luckily my divorce was before kids, so we only had the cat to worry about!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    I feel greatly glad to be forever single. The sheer freedom is heavenly bliss.

S.
    I feel greatly glad to have been married to a wonderful woman for 20 years.

Horses for courses…
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast