+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can moderators help gweraffield please

I'm John.

Default Can moderators help gweraffield please

Pete AKA gwernaffield has been unable to log in he forgot his password has been unable to log in so he tried re-joining as rocking kid to no avail.

He has asked me to post for him, can moderators help please

"Hi John i have been waiting 4 weeks for a password rest on AOS and then i rejoined as rocking kid , i still cannot leave any messages or do anything ,
    if you can send a message to the mods and get them to sort it out either way , i would be grateful , gwernaffield. or rocking kid either one is me" ,
    Last edited by palace; 07-05-2022 at 17:27. Reason: quote added

I'm Geoff.

I don't have access to edit user details. Has he changed his email address recently? Changes to details saved on the forum can cause issues, reverting to original details may allow the original password to be used if it can be remembered.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

far as i can see rocking kid is registered. has he replied to email link he would be sent.??
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

I have sent pete an e-mail and await reply. this appears to be the same problem I had when I could not post ie I did not get the link. A n ex aero tech with all his work on turntable suspension he is a valuable asset to any forum.
    Last edited by palace; 07-05-2022 at 19:14. Reason: phone call

I'm jamie.

i had the same problem,so re joined.
    whats going on?

I'm Patrick.

Entropy.

I'm Grant.

as has been said before, he is registered but as we currently have no active admin its pretty difficult to say for sure why. im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free. he will also as a new start, have to start with a post in the welcome area.
    complaining wont help. we all can only do what we can currently until marco returns...and ive no idea when that might be.
    sorry.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    as has been said before, he is registered but as we currently have no active admin its pretty difficult to say for sure why. im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free. he will also as a new start, have to start with a post in the welcome area.
    complaining wont help. we all can only do what we can currently until marco returns...and ive no idea when that might be.
    sorry.
    Like me initially I do not believe pete has received a link. I think it's the AOS's loss which is a shame. Particularly with the hard work of the moderators who are undoubtedly carrying the forum with no apparent support.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    . im guessing he hasnt clicked on the link sent to him in email and hence not been set free.
    in my case no matter how many attempts were made to recover my password i simply wasn't getting the link sent to my email.
    i dont see it as complaining,rather a case of informing mods to the problem otherwise you dont know they exist.

I'm Mike.

Default Can moderators help gweraffield please

Isn’t there a site administrator other than Marco? I’m sure he upgraded the site a few months ago and it wasn’t Marco. I’m sure he could help.

@Beechwoods

I’ve sent him a message to see if he can help

PS: Marco was last on site 23/3/22 so he is still alive or at least his username last accessed the site then.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 10-05-2022 at 07:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast