+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Breeze Audio CM6631 USB to SPDIF convertor £40

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Breeze Audio CM6631 USB to SPDIF convertor £40

An oldie but a goodie. Been on my reserves bench since I bought a JKenny but time to let it go. Ideal way to keep using your favourite vintage DAC for streaming or computer digital.

Has a proper built in LPSU none of this walwart nonsense. Missing the little optical input flap. I think it's optional to run off USB power with the switch on the back - but don't quote me on that! Sorry I don't know the exact specs but it's suited me fine with high res listening on my Pi and Zen. Just tried with my Rpi4 running Volumio and it worked a treat.

Asking £40 collected from N London or plus delivery.

I'm Lawrence.

Thought this might get some interest as it's priced at the cost of a s/h Chinese LPS with a free usb converter thrown in!

I did look it up and it's 24/192 compatible, in fact it might go up to 32 bit but I've never tried.

I'm Rob.

I'd be quite interested in this but I have quite a few questions!
    I have a dac with coax in. Is it as simple as hook it up to the dac, plugg this device into my win 7 laptop and bingo? what do I actually need to do here other than tell windows where to send the sound? does it want drivers etc? will it make a sound difference out of the box? are there tweaks I should know about?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramophonic View Post
    I have a dac with coax in. Is it as simple as hook it up to the dac, plugg this device into my win 7 laptop and bingo? what do I actually need to do here other than tell windows where to send the sound? does it want drivers etc? will it make a sound difference out of the box? are there tweaks I should know about?
    In theory yes but sometimes Windows requires a driver to recognise a dac or convertor. I've got a W10 laptop so why don't I try it with that and see how I get on.

I'm Lawrence.

In terms of sound difference yes it should improve it but I guess it depends how you're using your laptop now?

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    In theory yes but sometimes Windows requires a driver to recognise a dac or convertor. I've got a W10 laptop so why don't I try it with that and see how I get on.
    If you would be able to do that without a lot of messing about I'd be really grateful!

I'm Lawrence.

If you would be able to do that without a lot of messing about I'd be really grateful!
    Sure I'll have a look now shouldn't take long

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry I can't get my laptop to recognize it, shame as it's plug and play with my Innuos Zen and Raspberry Pi but I guess it's a Windows 10 driver issue.
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 21-12-2021 at 09:17.

I'm Rob.

ah that's a shame, thanks for trying though!

I'm Lawrence.

I found W7 and W8 drivers online for the CMedia CM6631 chip but they didn't work on my laptop. Bit of a risk to assume they will work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast