Thread: Thorens TD125 Restoration

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    indeed, a lovely deck mike; well done.
    Cheers Grant

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've been aware of this thread for a while now and thought I wouldn't like the look of the finished refurbishment. But I was wrong - matching the wood of the arm board with that of the plinth works well and with the new black finish of the top plate (I was particularly doubtful of the latter!). So well done Mike, you've done a splendid job.

BTW what is the arm you are using with the TD125?
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've been aware of this thread for a while now and thought I wouldn't like the look of the finished refurbishment. But I was wrong - matching the wood of the arm board with that of the plinth works well and with the new black finish of the top plate (I was particularly doubtful of the latter!). So well done Mike, you've done a splendid job.

BTW what is the arm you are using with the TD125?
    Glad you approve Barry, i'm using my Audiomods Series 6, there's more room for a Rega geometry arm on the TD125 as opposed to the TD160, plus it sounds really good too

I'm James.

I think the Audiomods arm not only looks great with the TD125 I think these are very good arms indeed. I have heard one a while back on another deck and it lifted the performance of the turntable a fair ammount.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Cheers Mike for an interesting and enjoyable couple of hours. TD125 looks good in the pics, looks great in the flesh A measure of how much I like the sound of a set up is when it "turns me on" to unfamiliar music, and I came away with a couple of albums to add to my wish list... even your barmy Westie seemed happy with the rather high SPLs, so it must be doing something right
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm shahrin.

hi Mike did you consider dampening the top plate at all?
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Mike.

Hi Shahrin, i did think about it but it's quite a casting and it's very heavy, the springs sit on rubber grommets too so i didn't think it would be necessary, i've never had any ringing from the platter or the top plate so don't think i'll be doing it in the future either

I'm shahrin.

Thanks Mike
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

This thread is a great read!! Fantastic job on the deck............................ well done!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Mike.

Cheers Loz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast