+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beogram 4000 repair

I'm keith.

Default Beogram 4000 repair

In a moment if sheer heart over head I bought a beogram 4000 the other week .

It looks good and the previous owner changed the large capacitors and the rpm relay.

It was working fine until I turned the strobe speed adjustment pot below the record speed indicator - got flickering lights on the scale, then the sledge moving the tonearm stopped. The turntable has stopped autostaring when the on button is pushed, and the tonearm carrier doesnt move left and right with those buttons either.

I've cleaned up the speed pots within the keypad assembly to no effect and I've tracked a strong smell of capacitor leakage from the main board which still has the original orange and red tantallium caps installed.

A repair on this is well beyond my polishing capabilities and I'm posting to ask if anyone has a reliable contact for a techie who can repair these machines?

My preference is for a local repair within the Midlands but I'll travel to get it fixed proper like.

Keith

BTW Merry Christmas

I'm Adam.

PM on its way…
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread