+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fidelizer Pro

I'm Jerry.

Default Fidelizer Pro

I tried the basic free version of Fidelizer and it does seem to provide SQ improvements so I was wondering if there was a significant difference with the Pro version?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jerry.

So I have had Fidelizer Pro installed for a couple of days and I am impressed. Forget all those audiophile fuses and cable lifters. A real, significant improvement for not very much.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Gary.

When I ran a Jriver PC based setup, swore by Fidelizer Jerry.
    Does what it says on the tin, and then some.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm charles.

Hi Jerry, glad I saw this. I have seen Fidelizer mentioned a few times and with house repairs eventually nearing an end I will have the chance to try this out.

Could you please explain the difference, soundwise, between the Free and Pro versions.

Thanks

I'm Jerry.

Hi Charles,
    The free version is just a taster. Pro makes a substantial change to the soundstage so that it becomes more immersive. Really everything improves with percussion instruments more forceful. Vocals sound more believable.
    For me, its the best £50 I have spent in the last 10 years but every system is different so your experience may be different.
    Jerry
    Jerry

I'm charles.

Great, thanks. Some further investigation reveals that at the price the Pro version makes the most sense.

I must say your signature pic just leaves me cold.

I'm Jerry.

Well, if you decide to install it,please add a few comments. Everyone has a different experience when they tweak their system.
    Sadly, nude piano playing is in the past for me as the wife accused me of leaving a skid mark on the piano stool.
    (its really a Monty Python picture).
    Jerry

I'm Rob.

I have recently downloaded Fidelizer Free on my PC to use in conjunction with Spotify. I can stream in one of two ways, USB out to Dacmagic or USB to digital board and then Dig cable to DAC.

With both of these options I get occasional noise which sounds like "static" in short pips of 2 or 3 or more on occasion. Sometimes music will play without this interference. It sounds to me like it may be a sort of signal overload, but reducing the level of Spotify does not make any difference.

Has anyone had this?

There are several suggestions form Googling that I could try e.g Update Driver but I wondered if any one else has had this before I start messing about.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Jerry.

Sorry to hear you have problems Rob. I don't with my system. I suggest you contact the developer for advice, I have had a couple of chats with him.
    Jerry

I'm Rob.

Ok, will do.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread