+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heybrook HB1s...

I'm Philip.

Last edited by philv; 22-12-2021 at 11:38.

I'm Philip.

I now have a pair of HB1s.

Wish i'd bought a pair ages ago.

Supposedly, they are quite a bit better with new drivers, so will look out for some.

I'm mike.

Had a pair back in the day along with a Thorens TD 160 and a Creek 4140 amp. Bought them after a HiFi show above Bolton, the housing boom had got into it's swing and as a young self employed joiner I was making silly money
    First 'proper' system, I remember they were a huge improvement over what I'd had
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

I'm matt.

It's also well worth looking out for a pair of JPW AP2 or AP3. They use the same midbass driver, but with the same tweeter as used in the Snell k.

I'm Andy.

My first HiFi speakers - bought new in '85 and my brother-in-law now uses them.
    Brilliant speakers then and still good now
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty bearing View Post
    Had a pair back in the day along with a Thorens TD 160 and a Creek 4140 amp. Bought them after a HiFi show above Bolton, the housing boom had got into it's swing and as a young self employed joiner I was making silly money
    First 'proper' system, I remember they were a huge improvement over what I'd had
    Bet that was the Cleartone one at Last Drop Village - I used to enjoy that show
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12