+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a grip ffs.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    DSJR,

If you don't trust your ears there is no point. You may as well sell the lot and buy something for 200 quid all-in from Currys or PC World. Or splash out a bit more on ADM9s.

Why don't I do just that? If it wasn't for sentiment, it wouldn't bother me at all..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Now, look at the banner on top. Is the yellow around the lettering the same shade as that either side of the whole banner?

Now look again.
    No, they aren't. Subjectively and objectively!

(Although subjectively I wouldn't call it yellow! )
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex, they are the same shade!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Alex, they are the same shade!
    I'm in agreement, what Alex is seeing is an optical illusion caused by the thinner bit at the top being close to vastly different colours & this makes it look a different colour
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Indeed but if you allow your gaze to travel from the sides down to the bottom and then up across the bottom border into the area where the lettering is you'll see that the shade of yellow doesn't change.

When you use your senses you have to use them properly. You also need to allow for certain points of reference and other influences. In this way you can train yourself to be discerning.

Alternatively you can rationalise any lack of ability with cynicism.

I'm John.

Isn’t this a great example of why we measure instead of making assessments subjectively?
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Nick.

#CEBA52 and #CFB85A on my browser
    Nick.

Isn’t this a great example of why we measure instead of making assessments subjectively?
    No, because our perception of change goes beyond what can be measured. I can't measure it therefore it does not exist is a fallacious assertion.

Hi-fi which has been designed only by measurement is often poor at detail retrieval.

I'm joe.

I doubt that any hifi equipment is designed 'by measurement alone'.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The RGB value for the mustard () colour on the banner is R 207 G 184 B 90

For the Background the RGB value is R 206 G 186 B 82
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast