+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MQA respond to GoldenSound

I'm Nick.

Default MQA respond to GoldenSound

GoldenSound breaks down MQAs response to his original video.

Original video: https://youtu.be/pRjsu9-Vznc

Response: https://youtu.be/NHkqWZ9jzA0

Faith in MQA restored........not.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Martin.

what can they do in response except obfuscate? 'Temporal de-blurring' - what a load of bollocks. It's just mugging people off.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

great answer tho as they didnt define what the term means, hence can make something up later if they are called out.. In video its about predicting the frames around it(so they say) and improving the camera jitter etc..
    Pretty sure they kinda linked on to this as a great explanation that nobody will hopefully understand
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

More ultra BS from the land of snooze and poor sound quality, its like listening to an east end borrow boy trying to 'flog' counterfeit Rolex's crossed with slick used car sales man (overly oily type) after being 'prepped' by a back street disbarred solicitor. You just could not make it up
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

Whole thing is making me want to go back to CD and buy a record player…

Funny thing is it doesn’t matter what MQA say. I think Spotify and Apple have the most influence here at scale. Will be Interesting to watch their hifi streaming plans go live this summer.
    MacBook / Cd6000ki > Beresford SEG + Dorado / Dragonfly Red > Bel Canto / MF X-A1 > Neat Iota / Tannoy R3...

I'm Nick.

It sounds like MQA are staffed by 50 lawyers and 1 CEO/face of the company. Tidal can thank their lucky stars that 100% of their customer base aren't audiophiles.
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Lee.

From various reviewers on YouTube and forums it seems that many people are coming to the conclusion that streaming is not better than a CD player. It may be more convenient with much easier access to tracks but all the HD streaming and higher bitrates don’t seem have to have improved the sound. YMMV
    (If that’s the right term)
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Grant.

i wasnt overly impressed by tidal. i much prefer qobuz
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

A very good friend of mine was a Tidal customer and liked the "sauce" that MQA gave (he was well aware of the "snake oil" & lossy vs lossless debates & back-door copy protection). He also had Roon and it all fitted in with what he wanted. Almost.

My friend has an open mind and open ears although he freely acknowledges his ears are not in the first flush of youth. A couple of months ago, he tried Spotify and, as best he could, A/Bd Spotify with Tidal/MQA. Tidal is gone and Roon is redundant. For him (YMMV), the (small) difference in SQ between Tidal/MQA and Spotify didn't warrant the extra outlay and, happy coincidence, Spotify was easier to use overall, particularly when integrating CarPlay & Google Home.

The one negative he observed relates to meta-data which, apparently, is of lower quality than Tidal but he takes the view that so long as the music can be found, this is a compromise he can live with and the music suggestions, for him, are just as good.

Personally, I don't think Tidal will survive in it's current form and, within a few years, will be swallowed up by one of the bigger existing streaming companies. The MQA "debate" won't have helped and, whilst understandable, the market positioning just doesn't cut it simply because the overwhelming majority of listeners / consumers aren't that bothered about hearing the last tiny "ting" of a cymbal just after "that" note where you can hear the finger(s) slide down the frets when playing the guitar, or the "perfect" decay of a piano note. Rather sadly, the "critical mass" isn't quite there for a standalone high quality streaming service; it will ultimately be a niche provided at a premium cost by the main providers. BTW, it's one of those things about which I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Happy listening all.
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

I'm Grant.

used to be a spotty tester. its a great system.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast