+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoyista review of the Khozmo relay passive preamplifier

I'm Josie.

Default Tannoyista review of the Khozmo relay passive preamplifier

Hi all.

I just thought I'd post the latest posts on my review website, Tannoyista.com

Hope you enjoy!

Latest review: 21/11/21

The Khozmo 'Shunt Relay' Passive preamplifier with ZFoil and Takman resistors [REVIEW 2021]

This is one hell of a piece of kit. Excellent build quality and sounds totally fab.

Read the full review HERE!

Last edited by The Black Adder; 06-12-2023 at 16:43.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Alan.

Nice review Jo, the price is less than I was expecting.

Just to be pedantic (Moi?) any volume control be it TDK or Alps is an attenuator, in function if not description.

Personally having had experience of relay attenuators I still prefer a stepped attenuator approach. With the relay attenuators there are a lot of relay contacts in circuit, with the stepped attenuators there can be as few as one contact (the Acoustic Dimension).
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Geoff.

Yes, that was a good read Jo.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

Thanks for posting , 673 quid seems mighty good . Compare that to 18000 for a bespoke pre !!!

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys... Glad you like it.

Hi Alan. I didn't know what to expect out of it sonically wise but I really do think this version has won me over. And it's operation is very slick.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, that was a good read Jo.
    Thanks Geoff.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Adrian.

Hi Jo, Nice review and looks like a well made pre, might have to investigate a not on this one.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Excelent write up Josie,
    I remember seeing the first version of these units, even then they had nice build quality, and were exceptional value for money.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys... It's a really nice bit of kit.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread