+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AIWA 22

I'm Andrew.

Default AIWA 22

Hi guys , hope you are all well ( I’m currently recovering from having half a lung removed) it’s one way to lose some weight. 1A280C8C-38E0-4DD4-B6CF-7B74BBFC7689.jpg597BBD7C-AD13-4252-A1CB-F50AF54AF81B.jpgF620F015-9782-409D-AE14-6518C0217EC7.jpg

I couldn’t resist buying this lovely little system ( especially at £30 and local) , I remember seeing these in the early 80’s .
    I stripped it down and gave it all a good clean , I’m now on the hunt for some matching speakers which appear to be practically non existent, I’ve ordered new belts and pinch roller rubbers etc but having opened up the cassette deck I think it’s too difficult a job for me .

I'm Pavel.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you get well soon.

The Aiwa is an excellent little system, a friend of mine had one some time ago - the preamp was the weak link if I remember correctly, the power amp was surprisingly punchy for its size and power rating.

I'm Rob.

"I couldn’t resist buying this lovely little system".........oh and by the way I have just had a lung removed!!!

Phew, that is a major operation. I hope that you mend well and get back to full health soon.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Adam.

Fabulous little system and a proper bargain!

And that’s a bit of a shocker on the lung front! Hope you’re doing OK.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Lawrence.

Nice system and that rack looks like it came with it, or at least was purpose built, makes it very rare.

Sorry to hear about the operation. Hope you make a quick recovery.

I'm Adrian.

Hi Andy

Hope you recover soon and remain well.

System looks good I remember those from back in the day, we used to have a mid 80's one which was actually rather good on the SQ front, I would expect yours to be pretty good AIWA made some nice gear.

All the Best

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dan.

Great Kit nice find that man but the cassette decks are a real pain in the arse my tech of 40+ years ex couldn't fix my one - I have the A30 and R30

Hope you're on the mend that's some operation nice to see the mind on the hobbie keeping you going
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Adam.

Surprised to hear that as the cassette decks aren’t unduly complicated. Just small and fiddly!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mike.

Sorry to hear about your health Andy, hope you get well soon. Those Aiwa systems were awesome, built like proverbial tanks and with great SQ able to match or better full size systems of the day. They were built just before Sony took over Aiwa and turned them into the budget brand they are now, this system was top of the line and came with a hefty price tag of about £1000 which was a lot back then and meant they didn't sell in great numbers. I've never seen any speakers for them though and i'm not sure if the system was sold with any.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

Default AIWA 22

Thanks for all the comments guys .
    The little Aiwa takes pride of place in a small room driving some wharfedale diamond 220’s ( and now I’ve hooked up the beovox s75’s ) and I now wonder if the tweeters are buggered on the diamonds as I’m hearing so much more.
    It is a great little system.
    I did take a look at doing the belts etc but gave up after about the 12th screw .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread