+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS Trafomatic 300B power amp.

I'm Peter.

I have to say it is indeed a thing of beauty, love the look of the mixed materials...

If it sounds as good as it looks, someone will be very happy with it...

GLWS

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Martin.

I think the origins of the company were in transformer manufacture so no worries about the quality there.

The amp is very quiet, almost silent background, but it's not a romantic or warm sounding think to my ears. You hear exactly what's in front.
    Probably suit someone with a good vinyl set up who listens to two or three albums a day.
    When I can I have music on 10 hours or more, seems excessive (and costly) running power valve that long ?

I'm Peter.

I had the integrated version of this amp (which just has a passive pre section), and it was really a very nice 300B amplifier. I actually used it as a power amp, with the volume control wide open, and it had a very clear and transparent sound to it ... as Martin says, it's not a soft and cuddly 300B like some. Trafomatic do indeed design, manufacture and sell transformers, which undoubtedly explains the lack of 'roll off' at the frequency extremes. For anyone that might be concerned that it has been modded, I wouldn't be, as John Wood is one of the best valve amp guys in the UK. This really is a bargain.

I'm Mark.

I’m surprised this amp is still here! I owned the integrated version and used it with various 300B’s, including Western Electric. Fabulous amp - not really too sure why I sold it! Echoing what Peter says, this is a bargain.

I'm Martin.

Thanks for the positive comments fellas.
    Wow, Western Electric !

I've had a few offers but I'm really selling (this and other stuff) to fund my curiosity and try other gear !

I'm Martin.

New year bump.
    Now available for £800.

I'm Martin.

Bump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12