+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small speaker suggestions please.

I'm Rich.

Default Small speaker suggestions please.

Hi All

I’m looking to improve my office set up and would appreciate some suggestions please.

I’m*currently using some nice old Sonatas, but they replaced some much loved Royd Sorcerer SE’s which is a hard act to follow and they just aren’t cutting the mustard.

So looking for a step up to try and regain as much of the magic of the Sorcerer’s*as possible. So anything*really*musical with a bit of bounce and a civilised top end.

They would have to work sitting on wall brackets and fairly near a corner in a small office.

The amp is a Marantz PM-4 and TT a Sony PS-X600 with Denon dl110.

Budget as low as possible in the £100 to £200 range, I’ve been looking for some Usher S520’s but no luck so far, (but watching a pair on EBay) so any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

And*if you have anything suitable to sell, please let me know.

Cheers

Rich
    Last edited by dicy; 28-11-2021 at 12:05.

I'm Steve.

What about something like this?

Q Acoustics 3029i arctic white, new, £179 on t'bay.

Q Acoustics seem to have a good rep, and are pretty cool looking imo.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wharfedale Diamond 220, currently £99 at Richer Sounds, and they look and sound great.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Wharfedale Diamond IV

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133902141...8AAOSwpS1hZc1p

have the bounce in spades and acceptable top end, well within the budget. Would cost about £300 in today's money.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

I would consider a pair of these if not too big, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 Speakers, they got "Best stereo speakers £200-£350, Awards 2012. Supreme versatility. The Bronze BX2s represent incredible value for money", not picky on positioning and your Marantz should be man enough to drive them I think.

These come with stands, you could try making an offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284546521...4AAOSwZC5hg-wV
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I’ve just requested to join the group, but can’t see what they are until accepted

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I would consider a pair of these if not too big, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 Speakers, they got "Best stereo speakers £200-£350, Awards 2012. Supreme versatility. The Bronze BX2s represent incredible value for money", not picky on positioning and your Marantz should be man enough to drive them I think.

These come with stands, you could try making an offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284546521...4AAOSwZC5hg-wV
    They look lovely, but too big unfortunately

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by dicy View Post
    I’ve just requested to join the group, but can’t see what they are until accepted
    Kralk TBD2 up for £200
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast