+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phono stage suggestions

I'm Alan.

The Paradise Phono Stage is very nice if you can get one
    They do come up for sale occasionally and there are still boards out there

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

If there's a better stage out there than the Firebottle Vivant I have yet to hear it - and don't want to. So good, we bought two. ;-)

(also; hi Alan, Merry Christmas!)

Steve

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post
    If there's a better stage out there than the Firebottle Vivant I have yet to hear it - and don't want to. So good, we bought two. ;-)

(also; hi Alan, Merry Christmas!)

Steve
    You will be “pleased” to know that Alan designed the BB3, and “unfortunately” it sounds better than the Vivant (I think I have an early version of a Vivant in my Kin).
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Robin.

Both good suggestions although I’ve not heard either, too be honest unless I buy used from someone, I would prefer to hear something and if I like it buy not wait several weeks for someone to build it.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi View Post
    I joined the waiting list for a Big Bottle 3 at the start of December. I read a that a couple of guys meet up to do a comparison and put it in the same bracket as the Vida and Paradise. The Paradise is a project i think, but I loaned a Vida from a friend and it was beautiful, so if the Big Bottle can do that for £1300 i will be very happy. I know we shouldn't take too much from the opinions online, but i am interested enough to try it.
    I would be interested in the reading the outcome of this comparison of Phono stages, was anyone present at this bake off ?
    Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Its sounding pretty fine just now Grant, there may be better ways of spending my money.
    I thoroughly agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I farted around swapping turntables for years and bought one nearly seven years ago now that just does the job so i am sticking with it. The Primare is a great Phono stage and will take some beating.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    You will be “pleased” to know that Alan designed the BB3, and “unfortunately” it sounds better than the Vivant (I think I have an early version of a Vivant in my Kin).
    :-). Which came first / what are the major differences between the two units?

The Vivant blows away every stage I've heard regardless of price (I've yet to experience the BB3) so it's a win-win afaic - two great pieces of kit from the same source!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I thoroughly agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I farted around swapping turntables for years and bought one nearly seven years ago now that just does the job so i am sticking with it. The Primare is a great Phono stage and will take some beating.
    At the moment in no rush to change the Phono Stage, as I am quite happy with the sound being produced.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post
    :-). Which came first / what are the major differences between the two units?

The Vivant blows away every stage I've heard regardless of price (I've yet to experience the BB3) so it's a win-win afaic - two great pieces of kit from the same source!
    The Vivant came first then the BigBottle development was done to equal or exceed the Vivant performance. Once the BB3 was finished the performance gains were most welcome.
    The BB3 has lower noise and greater clarity/transparency.

This year has also seen the development of the BigBottle Ultime (BBu), a no holds barred dual mono phono stage that uses no less than 8 valves.
    This has exceeded all expectations but requires the best supporting equipment to show it's ultimate performance.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

This year has also seen the development of the BigBottle Ultime (BBu), a no holds barred dual mono phono stage that uses no less than 8 valves.
    This has exceeded all expectations but requires the best supporting equipment to show it's ultimate performance.
    Alan, are you able to supply more information on the BBu development; specification, photos etc. please?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast