+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Classic Cyrus 1 shoebox amplifier, good condition and working order

I'm Ron.

Default For Sale: Classic Cyrus 1 shoebox amplifier, good condition and working order

I have owned this Cyrus 1 for decades, using it in a second system initially and then ceding it to my son before finally retrieving it (and giving him my spare Cyrus One HD )

So now I have a spare Cyrus 1 which really will no longer be used as I have a streaming amp/dac for my study system.

The Cyrus 1 works very well and is in very good condition with all features working including the fine internal phono amp, the early style on/off switch and illuminated logo too! I have been told that the source selector could do with switch cleaner spray again but I don't want to partially "service" the amp - if a new owner wants to go through it to refurb then this would surely be a good one to do it to, though it works well as is.

Included is the original owner's manual and IEC lead (not the original 13 amp plug but it has the required 3 amp fuse). Photos show good condition with several paint rubs but no dents that I can see.

Collection preferred; meeting up possible and you would be welcome to see it or pick it up if local enough to Bishop Auckland in the North East. I would be able to box it well given a little time if a courier service is required.

I suggest £120 plus post/packing (Hermes likely to be about £10 max).

Ron

Main: Michell Tecnodec Rega RB600/Tecno bits, Ortofon 530MkII, Beard P100 phono, Naim Uniti Atom, ProAc D20R

Study: JBL L52 Classic, Bluesound Powernode 3, Technics SL-1210GR Denon 110, Project Tube Box S2 phono stage

Other stuff: Technics SL1200 Mk2, Dali Spektor 1, Pro-ject MAIA S3 etc.

I'm Peter.

Very nice, GLWS

Really ought to do something with my Cyrus 2.!

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT View Post
    Very nice, GLWS
    Thanks Pete

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT View Post
    Really ought to do something with my Cyrus 2.!
    Buy it a little brother?
    Ron

Main: Michell Tecnodec Rega RB600/Tecno bits, Ortofon 530MkII, Beard P100 phono, Naim Uniti Atom, ProAc D20R

Study: JBL L52 Classic, Bluesound Powernode 3, Technics SL-1210GR Denon 110, Project Tube Box S2 phono stage

I'm Grant.

a nice tidy example. good amp still
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by REW View Post
    Thanks Pete

Buy it a little brother?
    Lovely idea, but I've already got three amps that are 'resting' and getting ear-ache.!

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Steve.

Looks like it will be a Mk 2 or something - mine was earlier than this, "Cyrus" didn't light up, and paint fell off the knobs after about 5 minutes. Really good price for one this tidy.

I actually preferred the Cyrus' phono stage to the £600 Musical Fidelity I replaced it with. GLWS
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

This is the mark 2 with inputs shown on the fascia. I sold my mark 1 a couple of years ago for a similar sum, so this represents exc. value. Not only is this little amp a cracker, its headphone out is superb as well. I used mine as a stop-gap h/phone amp. after selling my Naim Headline (Supercapped!). I may add that when builders were in, my gigantic ProAc Response Fours were successfully powered by my little Cyrus. Looks like David but behaves like Goliath. Why's it still here?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    This is the mark 2 with inputs shown on the fascia. I sold my mark 1 a couple of years ago for a similar sum, so this represents exc. value. Not only is this little amp a cracker, its headphone out is superb as well. I used mine as a stop-gap h/phone amp. after selling my Naim Headline (Supercapped!). I may add that when builders were in, my gigantic ProAc Response Fours were successfully powered by my little Cyrus. Looks like David but behaves like Goliath. Why's it still here?
    Are you sure it's not a late ONE.?

Unlike my TWO, It has combined vol/bal and no MC phono and a cast base.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Ron.

It does have an MC/MM phono switch Pete. The cast base is surely a cary-over from the original badging as a Mission product. The push on, push off facia switch makes it fairly early in the scheme of things too. But as for date, I don't know.
    Ron

I'm Ron.

Sold STP, packing, sending etc etc...
    Ron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast