+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Truth!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The full effect of 'Operation Mincemeat' is not known for sure, but Sicily was liberated more quickly than anticipated, as troops were sent to Greece and Sardinia instead of Sicily, and losses were thus lower than predicted. It was of course a lie, but probably saved thousands of lives.
    When I read the opening words of your post (Operation Mincemeat), I thought you were still talking about pies, so the rest of the post made no sense. Had to read it through a couple of times

I can see the value of misinformation (lies) in war strategy, but I feel it has no place on a personal level, certainly not when it comes to important stuff, like pies. If the illustration on the packaging of your Asda steak pie (or my Asda mince pies) had more accurately depicted the contents, we could make an informed decision.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    +1...to be a liar, you have to be an extremely good liar...There is so much doom and gloom these days. Do people really want to hear awful truths?
    No, I don't believe folk want to hear the awful truth, but the truth is, that the truth, no matter how awful, is the truth. Then you know what you're dealing with. Actually this may not be the truth, just my honest opinion

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

some lies are justified, but most are not. like most things in life there is no complete black and white; there is a biggish shade of grey in middle.. the question you have to ask yourself is, do you feel lucky is it warranted to tell this fib to perhaps save someones feelings etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

If someone didn't want the truth and I'm not prepared to lie, the only option is to say nowt.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If someone didn't want the truth and I'm not prepared to lie, the only option is to say nowt.
    kindness means you occasionally have to do things you wouldn't normally. been there, done that. there is an overriding sense of morals that means being overly honest isnt right thing to do. hopefully most wont have to go there.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

You're right of course Grant, and as you said earlier things aren't always black and white. No doubt your wisdom comes from experiences in your life, whereas I've been lucky so far.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

You're right of course Grant, and as you said earlier things aren't always black and white. No doubt your wisdom comes from experiences in your life, whereas I've been lucky so far.
    sometimes you do what you have to do in that huge greyscale bit in middle, and then hope youve done it right. sometimes you dont, but at least you tried.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

If you'd had posted have on Pinkfishmedia you've have got much higher quality responses. Real quality people, the managerial class, giving their considered opinions.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    If you'd had posted have on Pinkfishmedia you've have got much higher quality responses. Real quality people, the managerial class, giving their considered opinions.
    I'm sorry, what was the question?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mike.

I'm sorry, what was the question?
    Walpurgis believes in stricter rules around advertising, very strict it would seem, i.e. 'This car will not make you billy big bollocks'. 'This shampoo will not make you look like you've just walked out of a salon', etc. I'm sure the folks on PFM would know, it's the M&S of Hifi forums.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast