+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Truth!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Walpurgis believes in stricter rules around advertising, very strict it would seem, i.e. 'This car will not make you billy big bollocks'. 'This shampoo will not make you look like you've just walked out of a salon', etc. I'm sure the folks on PFM would know, it's the M&S of Hifi forums.
    Well my shampoo (Vosene) makes me look like I've just walked out of a salon halfway through my haircut, so I'm not the best person to pass judgement on that. But as for advertising generally, they could do worse than use the film "Crazy People" with Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah as a template.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I'd rather have obscene advertising with Dudley Moore and Peter Cook as the template.

'Buy this fackin car you cant.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

And why does everything in the news have to be sensationalised or alarmist, with even the most mundane of things being thrust at us as major events. That is bending of truth. The significance of everyday matters being constantly inflated.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

The "Can we have everything louder than everything else please?" approach to news reporting.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234