+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth!

I'm Geoff.

Default The Truth!

I'd love to make it illegal to lie, prevaricate, obfuscate, exaggerate or mislead in any way.

Can you imagine how our politicians and public bodies would cope with that? And advertisers and manufacturers would have to do a major rethink with hype and fancy terms being banned.

For instance, does the average female shopper actually know why 'Ginkgo Biloba' is a good thing in cosmetics and shampoos? Of course not, it's misleading hype.

And when it comes to cars and fuels, well there's a whole quagmire of advertising tripe!

You could spend a lifetime digging out all the dishonesty.

I can't see a real downside to the truth though .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

I totally agree!

Didn’t Jim Carey make a comedy film about this?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Kevin.

The HiFi industry would go bust overnight if they told the truth.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

but what about white lies?? Ginkgo Biloba does very little good afaik. might even be harmful
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    but what about white lies?
    White lies are told by those who think others can't handle the truth.

I can't think of any situation where I'd want to be lied to.

In the case of a dying child.....maybe.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

but what about white lies?? Ginkgo Biloba does very little good afaik. might even be harmful
    Holland & Barrett is full of stuff like that - expensive extracts and oils etc., which probably do very little good and possibly, if used too much, will do harm.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I totally agree!

Didn’t Jim Carey make a comedy film about this?

Gary
    I co-starred with Carrey in that film, and got paid more than him too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I co-starred with Carrey in that film, and got paid more than him too
    No you didn't - I was the producer of the film, so would know.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I personally can't be doing with people who lie, I have no time for them. Being truthful is so easy, doesn't require any training, and makes life so much less complicated.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Yeah but he was good in the Rocky films

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast