+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Friday deal on J River Media Centre

I'm Geoff.

Default Black Friday deal on J River Media Centre

Just bought this for $30 using voucher code:

runturkeyrun

https://www.jriver.com/index.html

Was considering buying a license for Audivarna but put off by their insane pricing model. Seems that they think they can emulate Roon.

Quite impressed by the J River package so far although it is taking a while to index my (admittedly large) flac library.

Currently streaming some cool jazz from their radio stream.

I think the offer is valid for 7 days.
    Last edited by Sherwood; 19-11-2021 at 07:13.

I'm Gary.

Cheers!

JRiver is great.
    "Whats your vector Victor...?"

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Cheers!

JRiver is great.
    Price is pretty good with this offer. Worked out at less than £23 with the BF discount!

I'm Adam.

Thanks for this

I have just gone ahead and bought it.

My Dad waxes lyrical about Jriver and it is time that I found it if it really is good, ha ha!

I'm Geoff.

Since installing it this morning I have been playing around with Gizmo, a free Android app that allows me to remotely access J River music library on my PC. Works very well!

I'm Geoff.

I am very impressed by the Media Centre package. I had not appreciated all the built-in features. I have made extensive use of the cover art and file info searching to clean up my music library. I have also been able to remove a lot of duplicate files.

Once the library has been indexed I find it very fast to display music by artists and albums. I would say the best £23 purchase in a long time. Playback is instantaneous.

From what I recall from using an earlier version of Audivarna, I prefer J River.

BTW I don't work for J River ... honest!

I'm Steve.

I might just give it a go as I have just repurposed an 8 year old laptop to audio streaming by swapping to an SSD.
    Steve.

TT: 1986 Townshend Rock, 1980 Luxman PD264, 1978 Planar 3 in original condition. LP12 (work in progress).
    Arm: AO modified Moth RB250, Hadcock GH228, Rega R200. Acost Lustre GST1, Hadcock GH228 special.
    Cart: AT OC9 III, Shure V15 III, Bellex HOMC, Garrott K2, VdH DDT-II special.
    Phono: Vincent PHO-8, Akitika MM.
    CDPs: California Labs CL15, Pioneer DVP 676A, Vincent CD-S4.
    Digi: Squeezeboxes. Yamaha WXC50. Denafrips Ares II.
    Amps: Copland CSA-29, Denon PMA250 II, a couple of cheap T amps, WHAMMY headphone Amp. First Watt DIY M2X, B1 Mesmerize Pre. Elekit TU-8500 Pre, Pass B1Korg DIY pre.
    Speakers: 1995 Castle Howard S1, 1970 Wharfedales, Dick Smith's $80 specials. KEf Ref 104aB, Usher S-520.
    Headphones: AKG Q701, Massdrop / Hifiman HE-4XX.

I'm Geoff.

I think the offer ends soon

I'm Grant.

jriver is a good bit of software.. think im up to 28 now. alas its only weakness is not having integration of streaming services.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' BOSE, CAMBRIDGE & SONY HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

**I’ve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

“without a cause, we are...nothing! We stay because we believe. We leave because we are disillusioned. We come back because we are lost. We die because we are committed."

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

True, though it does have a streaming facility in terms of web radio.

I think its main strength is as a library manager and playback system for a locally stored media library.

At £23 quid (current deal) it blows away its main rival Audirvana which has recently gone for a crazy pricing model.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    jriver is a good bit of software.. think im up to 28 now. alas its only weakness is not having integration of streaming services.

+ Reply to Thread