+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving tomorrow

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Sorry to put a downer on it, but I was raised in Newport, and I find the Welsh a narrow minded bunch, that was Newport mind. The people there wear ignorance as a badge of pride.
    Can't speak for Newport but Cardiff was very friendly so when I moved to Lincolnshire at 10 it took me a while to get used to their more reserved nature and fit in (I never quite did looking back).

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Can't speak for Newport but Cardiff was very friendly so when I moved to Lincolnshire at 10 it took me a while to get used to their more reserved nature and fit in (I never quite did looking back).
    Newport is a horrible town, you hear about it in newspapers now and again, usually when someone has killed their wife. It's got worse in the past 10 years, drug addicts lining the streets of the city centre, anti social fuckwits riding bikes aggressively on pavements, same sort of problems we have here in Brighton, tbh a nationwide trend in large towns and cities. Only in Newport it seems exacerbated, a real sense of hopelessness.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

Actually I visited a large local employer for work before lockdown and grabbed a pint in the Wetherspoons before catching the train back and I have to admit what I saw didn't contradict anything you've said. I think it was shortly after someone had driven their car into a group of drinkers outside a pub for some reason.

I'm Andrew.

Actually I visited a large local employer for work before lockdown and grabbed a pint in the Wetherspoons before catching the train back and I have to admit what I saw didn't contradict anything you've said. I think it was shortly after someone had driven their car into a group of drinkers outside a pub for some reason.
    Nice!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I avoid Wetherspoons if at all possible! Was it the only 'pub' in town?
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

I think there was a more dodgy one across the road the had karaoke on. I didn't see a nice gastropub or real ale type place put it that way

I'm Geoff.

Have you got the Hi-Fi rigged up yet Shane?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Hi-Fi is the last thing on my mind to be honest, Geoff. Not interested in music at the moment.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12