+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 12.

I'm Steve.

Yowza looking good Ken.

I'm Steve.

Thought i would just stir the engines. Just checked with the landlord and we are on track for another great day.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Thought i would just stir the engines. Just checked with the landlord and we are on track for another great day.
    Excellent news Steve, i'm on cleaning some LP's in preparation.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Mike.

Not long to go now

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye looking forward to it.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Steve - I remember the Landlord said last time, we should have gotten some of the local take away menu's and have the food delivered to the pub, he was ok with us eating it on the premises as he only did pies/sandwiches.

Might be worth checking that still applies for this time and getting some menu's.

A curry and Cameron's ale, now that's a combination

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Cheers Ken, looks good. Sien’s just been in touch, he’s flying over next week so will be posting from London which will save a few quid.
    Don't know if you have your SCuMat yet Ali?

I didn't like the idea of having to polish the mat regularly, its a messy job, Copper tarnishes quickly and every finger mark will go Black in a short time.

Thought of painting it with clear lacquer, Black etch primer or even Flocking it, but was worried about what it would do to the sound, as the bare Copper works very well.

I ended up oxidizing the surface with some jewellers patina fluid.
    It's not a perfectly even colour, but much more even than just leaving it to oxidize naturally, I quite like it.

I got the Patina fluid from a Jewellers supplier in Birmingham, its really nasty stuff, highly corrosive, fatal if swallowed and damages your lungs if you breath the fumes. I used gloves and face shield, has to be used out doors or in a fume cabinet. You use it diluted, 25ml to 1Litre of water, but you have to heat it to 60/70 deg C for best results. You immerse the Copper for 5 to 20 sec depending on how dark you want it. I went just over 20 sec which is about as dark as it will go.

This should protect it and be a fit and forget finish that doesn't effect the sound quality.
    Last edited by Qwin; 03-09-2022 at 15:13.

I'm Grant.

nice job ken... copper/silver protectors should be fine too...

like this
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice job ken... copper/silver protectors should be fine too...

like this
    Trouble is Grant, if I'm not mistaken that is basically clear lacquer (paint) and may effect the acoustic interface between the Copper/Vinyl.

I'm Grant.

its possible, i dont know but i doubt its the surface so much as the material and weight... but dont know.. still i like your idea
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast