+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: NEBO 12.

I'm Alan.

Great day/evening. 100% vinyl, yes I know in this day and age.

2 sets of speakers, 2x TT, One power amp and one integrated, 2x preamps, 4x phonostages so plenty of chances for swapping and changing.

Quite a mixed bag of albums so all rather interesting. Feeling knackered now as it was a long way for me.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Great day/evening. 100% vinyl, yes I know in this day and age.

2 sets of speakers, 2x TT, One power amp and one integrated, 2x preamps, 4x phonostages so plenty of chances for swapping and changing.

Quite a mixed bag of albums so all rather interesting. Feeling knackered now as it was a long way for me.
    So kind of you to come all that way Alan and to by the boys spme pizza's too. Another great day. Shame we couldn't get your DAC up and running. Thanks to everyone who called in too.

I'm Grant.

hope you all had a great day...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

100% vinyl sounds great day/evening.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    100% vinyl sounds great day/evening.
    It was! Some great kit too, a pity there wasn’t more folk and gear, but at least it gave the opportunity to thoroughly listen to everything.

the venue is fantastic perfect for vinyl with no bouncy floors and the landlord is extremely accommodating plus he serves a fantastic pint of Stongarm the local brew, Steve should be proud of his accomplishment and I hope there are many more NEBO’s to come.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm James.

I have very happy memories of NEBO a few years back and Steve is a great host. Always a great experience and I always came away with suggestions for new equipment to try, great new music and some great new friends .

Glad you all had good day and I will try and get to one in a year or so.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye was a grand day, and good to see you all again. Thanks again to Steve for hosting, and to Alan for taking away my phono stage to have a look at as it went down on one channel during the day.

Here’s to the next one!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

As folks have said, great day and a chance to swap gear and make comparisons.
    Nice to hear three great tubed phono stages.
    Very pleased with the way my new TT performed, hearing what it could do with these phono stages, confirmed I need to improve mine, to make use of its full potential. So thanks for that opportunity chaps.
    Great venue and beer, thanks to Alan for the food and of course Steve for keeping this great institution going.
    I had a brilliant day and came home with lots of ideas for must have vinyl.
    Thanks to Paul and Alan for making the effort to haul their speakers up there (Tannoy and Thiel), nice to hear something different to our usual batch and both performed superbly on the day.
    Last edited by Qwin; 26-09-2022 at 15:57.

I'm Alan.

Your TT did perform exceedingly well Ken.

I thought it worthwhile to bring the Thiel CS 2.2 speakers as I had never heard any before I bought these, so I thought others should get the experience also.

I forget how heavy they are, once I had unloaded after the long drive home on Sunday I was knackered, it must be my age..
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Ken.

You and me both Alan.
    I've just got my units back in position and plumbed in.
    Will try them after tea to see everything works ok after the journey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast