+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 12.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    So that's this week, not a random week in November no problem give me a bell before you come, i'm in London all day Thursday doing site surveys, but Friday's good
    I'll put a reminder in my diary, if I can remember where I put it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'll put a reminder in my diary, if I can remember where I put it.
    Here's a helpful link to the Alzheimer's Society https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

My memory has always been terrible, but modern life has so many more moving parts, sometimes (most of the time) I struggle to keep track. And I bet that most of the time the problem isn't poor recall, but rather not paying proper attention in the first place
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My memory has always been terrible
    I've forgotten whether mine is bad or not.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Steve ( Floydroid) what gear are you taking to NEBO?
    I am undecided. I am thinking of taking a vintage Jap amp and my Arcam FMJ CD23.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I would really like to bring the Thiel CS 2.2 speakers so I shall also bring the Neurochrome 286 power amp plus Zaphino OCC speaker leads, to go with.

Also my Bigbottle BT2 preamp build which was there last year, but new this year will be the Bigbottle Ultime 8 valve phono stage, it needs an outing and exposure (ooh err missus).
    They would go down a storm,

I'm Steve.

I'm Steve.

Since then NEBO has been held in a myriad of establishments from airport hotels and pubs some of which were dire, others really good. Ten year on + NEBO rumbles on in the North East of the UK. What began as a get together for local audiophiles in the local vicinity blossomed into some fantastic human beings becoming friends with one another and sharing great times and knowledge. I may have lost a few quid on a few of the events but I honestly feel like the richest man in the world having met so many folks who I now regard as friends. Am I sat in my chair complacent expecting visitors by the coach load to our next event? Certainly not! For every message I receive that someone can’t make it for what ever reason a certain amount of anal twittering is induced. And worry that enough people will turn up to make it a goer. My good lady reminds me on the eve of every NEBO when i express the same concerns that I need not worry. She is of course correct. Because even if a fraction of the usual attendees were to turn up it still manages to turn out a great day. NEBO 11 was a fantastic day and the first one post COVID. Some of the usual NEBOites needed to be cautious about spending the day within a crowded environment. Rightly so, the germs were still in the process of being eliminated when NEBO 11 took place yet it seemed a triumphant day in so many respects. I am aware at the cost of living effects and the concerns people have with regards to interacting within a group which is why I take nothing for granted. Its a strange penchant I have for witnessing others enjoying their passion for music and audio equipment in its many guises. I am grateful to the people who walk round the corner to the gig or travel many miles with a story to tell or quite simply wish to remind themselves of a rich heritage we have as a music loving nation and pioneers of quality audio equipment well before the Japanese who themselves manufactured some of the most sort after Hi-Fi equipment ever built. Reading this you may wonder why I ever started such an institution? My answer is precisely that, it is an institution and one that welcomes anyone and everyone with the passion, enthusiasm and the wish to become part of a friendly and hospitable group of like-minded gentle folk hell bent on enjoyment and the celebration of music and Audiophilia. Can’t wait for the next day to begin. See you down there……...

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Am booking this in now hopefully I can make this one.
    Despite booking the day nearly a year in advance my other half is otherwise engaged and I've got the kids for the next few days

Have a great day and I hope it's as good or even better than ever. Onwards and upwards!

I'm Lawrence.

So how was it??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast