+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Sonab OA 14 Speakers

I'm Gren.

Default FS Sonab OA 14 Speakers

Hi Everyone,

I need the space so these lovely sounding speakers from the 1970's by Stig Carlsson are up for a new owner to enjoy. Plenty of information here https://www.carlssonplanet.com/en/sp...d/sonab-oa-14/
    A very unfussy speaker in regards of placement, in fact they are designed to work right up against the wall so gets the thumbs up from SWMBO. LOLm
    These are in gloss white with black top grilles. I am looking for £300 for them. I do not have any boxes so collection is preferred from Winchester (Hampshire) I am happy to deliver a resonable 20-30 mile radius for a bit of diesel. Photos here
    Bad bits IMG_3299 and IMG_3298 show a touched up paint chip. IMG_3305 o the left speaker right hand edge aproximately 10-12cm down from the grille is another small paint chip. IMG_3302 on the speaker on the right is another small paint chip about 2-3mm in size. I am sure someone with a steady hand could make these small imperfections completely disappear. Capacitors have been replaced and the jumpers have been bypassed. This again has been done under guidance from https://www.carlssonplanet.com/en/re...ration/#intern
    I have also advertised elsewhere. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by vandergraafuk; 15-11-2021 at 22:58.
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm Geoff.

Please read the photo rules Gren and comply, otherwise this advert will have to go. Thanks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gren.

Ok reading it now
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

I'm Geoff.

OK Gren .

Speakers look very good. I remember these.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gren.

Price reduction £250. I hope I dont have to put them on that auction site.

I'm Gren.

Final reduction £200 then it is of to that awful auction site. Come on grab a bargain.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by vandergraafuk View Post
    Final reduction £200 then it is of to that awful auction site. Come on grab a bargain.
    A very nice pair, and good speakers, surprised no-one has snapped them up.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gren.

Now Sold. Thanks for looking

+ Reply to Thread