+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identify these vintage 8" Alnico drivers.

I'm Geoff.

Default Identify these vintage 8" Alnico drivers.

Two vintage 8" Alnico magnet bass/mid drivers from a pair of speakers I built over forty years ago and I can't remember what they are. If you know, tell me. My initial thoughts are maybe Isophon, they have that German look about them and look to be high quality.

upload images
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I recognise the baskets but not in white. I'll have a dig.

I'm Grant.

saw a pair like them. were marked as "russian" but no maker mentioned. expensive too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I recognise the baskets but not in white. I'll have a dig.
    They're not white, the alloy is matt finished like a sand casting.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

found pair i was looking at geoff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233671210...bf9e%7Ciid%3A1
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    saw a pair like them. were marked as "russian" but no maker mentioned. expensive too.
    Yeah, could be Russian. They've made some good speakers. Actually, I seem to recall these may have been used in Decca's own speakers, they used a variety of makes including their own..

I'm Geoff.

That's the answer it seems. Now what to do with them?

I'm Pavel.

Yep, definitely Soviet-made as they have Soviet OTK ("quality control") stamps.

I'm Pavel.

10GD-30A, made by inmates of a penal colony near Novosibirsk in Russia.

http://ldsound.ru/10-gd-30a/

8Ohm impedance, 86dB sensitivity, max power 10W RMS or 20W musical programme, Fs 25 Hz, Qts 1.0, Vas 60l

I'm Geoff.

Ah, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast