+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creek Audio CD60

I'm Simon.

Default Creek Audio CD60

Hello
    just been given one of these was unsure if worked as missing some feet and couple of switch caps missing, tried to have a look inside but screws bit botched and so tight thought would make things worse if tried too hard. Couldn't resist though and plugged it in and very impressed.cant find much info so grateful for any comments here. Also has anyone got any of the rectangular switch caps knocking about they look like they were fitted to the Creek amps and tuners at the time. Also any recommendations for someone who can service it , while looking for info there was a link to a post on here from Alex Nikitin ( sent a pm but hasn't been on here for a while).
    Thanks
    Simon

I'm Ian.

I saw some very positive reviews for it somewhere when I was looking at vintage multibit players, cant remember where though

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Great player, I have one and am very happy with it. Most 1541 players of around this vintage just followed the data sheet circuit, but not this one. Mike Creek designed his own, with I think 14 separate discrete regulated power supplies. Fidelity Audio do upgrades, so I'd assume they would also service it.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Simon.

Hi Ian and Ali
    Thanks for the comments, the limited bits I can find they were quite special. I have sent a mail to Creek and Mike is going to have a look to see if he can find some switch caps hidden away.
    Had a look at the Fidelity Audio upgrades and wonder what to expect as quite abit of money
    Thanks.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye I thought the same..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Earlier this year, I asked Mike Creek about the CD60, he said it wasn't one of his. A product of the time when Mike wasn't at the helm of Creek Audio.

+ Reply to Thread