+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a warm hello

I'm Joris.

Default a warm hello

Goodday all and everyone,

I have been an audio fidelity enthousiast since almost thirty years, in my pré-twenties aquiring a famous aiwa 3head AD660 (or so) with jbl 26 (and TEAC 300 amp my neighbour had as obsolete "spare"..) plus headphones the reason my ears stayed IN TUNE with neutral sound. I remember even the taping of "Sgt. Pepper" at this neighbours house, some years before, relentlessly focussing on the green, orange (NO red!!) display. Never fought a law ever-after, neither did I understood why or even how to. All those things of past.

Nowadays still feeling strange about the way electronics work, mainly intersted in loudspeakers and amps, investing thought or ideas in re-building a proper turntable. Having to do with earth-stability and dampening vibrations. First thought using air, now somithing requiring multiple springs out of a g##d### matress. Than the body itself gotta deliver rotation still.. I guess it´s a hobby ..

Not the right forum for such, I know, but i cannot get past the entrance ANYHOW!! So might as well admit to such..

I make my own music as well since some 20 years, this was to be for (my personal) private consumption only, felt satified in be-ing on my own like that. Though things i make might be found at https://soundcloud.com/joris_souwer/...64814e392d3a6f

I like to be open hearted, open minded and nevertheless will conceal everything about myself still "un-ready".

Have a very good day,

Joris

set is a bit all and everything: a self built 405 vMedevoort pré (also private manufactured -very very oversized TRAFO) lexicon dc1 quad 33 303 Hepta monitor (°°) even smaller pair of Dali that LIKE power, B&W´s that don´t mind about that, a vintage DA (proceed, picture) strangely selective TL´s by Audiolabor (Écouton) in demand of authorative-enough amps a well sounding denon DCD 1500 a "to be upgraded" a 302 NAD (with class A pré-amp) a dozen tuners (now favor the Dual audiophile edition) nakamichi DR3 and CR2e that differ a lot, the dr3 sounds like the old 582 (this broke down at some point). Tubes are very interesting..

I shall comprise this (incomplete as such) a bit, and hope to share thoughts and insights.

I'm Joris.

Default picture

forgot picture, it´s TINY..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Joris,

An interesting and eclectic system you use. We have several Members here who are keen on DIY, so you should be in good company to discuss your ideas for a turntable.

Looks like you are fan of Massive Attack.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Joris. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty going on here, so just take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread