+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: FS: XTZ 99.38 Mk I Piano Black Floorstanding Speakers

  1. #1
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default FS: XTZ 99.38 Mk I Piano Black Floorstanding Speakers

    These towers are in excellent condition. There's some mild marks here and there, mainly polishing swirls on the Piano Gloss finish, but nothing too bad at all and once in position look great.These are the mk1 version with external crossover units.

    Only needing to sell as they are now too large for my new listening area at 100cm high, 40cm deep, 22cm wide and 28kg each.
    Speakers are obviously in superb working order and in my opinion sound lovely. Lots of good honest reviews available on line.
    These sound great. The towers have a 10" bass driver on the side, giving deep bass. Has lovely crisp top end due to the Fountek Ribbon tweeters and the drivers are made by Seas.

    Many tuning options and come with jumpers and port plugs and I'll also include the QED Silver Anniversary cables seen in the images to link the external crossovers to the speakers.

    These allow the possibility to bi or even triamp if thatís something youíve always wished to try.

    I have the boxes for the towers and their crossovers as well as manual.
    Will let them go for the same bargain price I got them for of £600 - a lot of speaker for the money.

    I was using them with a DSpeaker Anti Mode 2.0 as pre amp and a Hypex 502 (Ghent case) which altogether makes an amazing system and could be bought together for £1500 if you prefer.

    Collection preferred from CB23 4LT (Cambridgeshire) however I am happy to allow you to arrange your own courier (at your own risk) as I have all packaging (3 boxes in total), however beware they are very large and heavy so will not be cheap!
    Personal delivery may be possible depending on proximity so please PM me if you want to look at this option.










  2. #2
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 5,644
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    I assume the wires from the crossover shown are the outputs to the speakers? What are the inputs, single wire?

  3. #3
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 49,048
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I assume the wires from the crossover shown are the outputs to the speakers? What are the inputs, single wire?
    Yes, they should be shown.
    Conspiracy theories are only perpetuated because people go looking for them!

  4. #4
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I assume the wires from the crossover shown are the outputs to the speakers? What are the inputs, single wire?
    Yes, thatís correct Lawrence.

    Single input to the external crossovers and then the triple outputs to the speakers for Bass, Mid and Treble drivers. Images below:


  5. #5
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 49,048
    I'm Geoff.

    Default




    Nice looking speakers.
    Conspiracy theories are only perpetuated because people go looking for them!

  6. #6
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post



    Nice looking speakers.
    Thanks Geoff, they sound good too!

  7. #7
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 5,644
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Yes, thatís correct Lawrence.

    Single input to the external crossovers and then the triple outputs to the speakers for Bass, Mid and Treble drivers. Images below:

    Thanks Russ when you say you can bi or tri amp these I guess you have to go active then?

  8. #8
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks Russ when you say you can bi or tri amp these I guess you have to go active then?
    Yes that would be required although having said that, the Ďtuning optionsí available with the various links and bungs give more than enough differences I found.

    Also when used with the DSpeaker 2.0 room correction allows you to tailor these to virtually any room / taste required.

  9. #9
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Wet Friday morning bump for these awesome speakers...

  10. #10
    Join Date: Jan 2019

    Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

    Posts: 783
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quick bump to say I maybe able to transport these to the London area shortly if that helps for anyone.

    Please PM me for further details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •