+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New amp for legacy speakers

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you want to experiment, you could try a couple of bargain shop step-stools. They are about nine inches tall and take a lot of weight. Just make sure they are flat topped ones, some are slightly curved. Should be just the right height and they are pretty inert, so won't vibrate. You can get them in black. Less than a tenner a pair in the right place.
    thanks Geoff

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Acoustic centre will be different for different speakers, impossible to say for certain with the '44 as there's no relevant data. But will most likely be level with the mid range driver or somewhere in between the tweeter and the midrange.

Stands slightly too short are better than too high as you can always put some offcuts of wood or something under the stand to raise it, but making them shorter is not possible.

There's also the option of angling the speaker slightly upwards.
    Thanks Martin.
    I can’t think that they’re going to need more than 20cm and even if they do, I think they’re going to look a bit odd and out of proportion with the height of the TV, etc.
    Although I angled my Castles up about 5*, with the 44s weighing in at 20Kg each, I think I need to be careful if I try the same thing with them.

I'm Martin.

lots of blu-tak betwixt stand and speaker mate. Then you can pick the speaker up and the stand comes with it, Tommy Cooper-style.

You can get open frame stands that angle up too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ………..and the stand comes with it, Tommy Cooper-style.
    I’m normally quite quick off the mark, but even I had to stop and think about that one!
    Life’s Mr Fixit - Blu-tak
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12