+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for November!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    windchill here is -5 now. east coast are getting dangerously battered.
    I wonder if the cod with my chippy tea came from the North Sea, because it too was dangerously battered. I'll get me coat...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

snowed here overnight, just a dusting, but rare we get snow so early in the season.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Probably because of the wind. Snow can travel a long way when it's windy. No snow here, but a sound during the night like a wheely bin sliding along the road.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Pretty soggy and feeling decidedly nippy in the wind at just over 3C.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Probably because of the wind. Snow can travel a long way when it's windy. No snow here, but a sound during the night like a wheely bin sliding along the road.
    could be also we are 500 foot elevation here so can be a lot colder just because of that.

heard a few wheelie bins going over last night. That sound is unique.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Didn't realise you were that high up, I'd thought that Stoke was in a 'dip'. Our house is about 400ft elev. Now I can be arsed looking out the window I can see there is a dusting on Rivington, and the aptly-named Winter Hill.

Looking out at the snowy hills while playing a bit of Sade with the heating on is the best option right now.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

still blowy here but was pretty strong overnight; not a patch on the east coast tho. cold and sunny. maybe 1/2c
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Didn't realise you were that high up, I'd thought that Stoke was in a 'dip'. Our house is about 400ft elev. Now I can be arsed looking out the window I can see there is a dusting on Rivington, and the aptly-named Winter Hill.
    some of it is in dips some on hills. I'm in a dip (about 400 foot elevation) but the hill right behind my house is 500 foot.

Highest point is Mow Cop at 1100 feet, I believe there is no higher point than it any further south (in England).

'Mow' is pronounced 'Mau' as in Chairman Mau. I've no idea why but I was once told off by a bus driver for saying it wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Robin.

3c and dry so far this morning
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    some of it is in dips some on hills. I'm in a dip (about 400 foot elevation) but the hill right behind my house is 500 foot.

Highest point is Mow Cop at 1100 feet, I believe there is no higher point than it any further south (in England).

'Mow' is pronounced 'Mau' as in Chairman Mau. I've no idea why but I was once told off by a bus driver for saying it wrong.
    about 160 metres here; not sure what that is in feet. there isnt much between me and either coast tho so your inclined to catch it from both directions
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast