+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega 6 power supply

I'm Colin.

Default Rega 6 power supply

This should possibly go under For sale “wanted” however thought I would start it here. I have a Rega with the speed controller unit. When I firs5 bought the Rega the connection on the power supply / controller was broken. The dealer sent a new one but I had managed to repair the first. Anyway long story short , the original one died and the new old stock isn’t working either. Is there an alternative out there without spending a couple of hundred on a new one. I know that origin live do an alternative bu5 that’s DC with motor. I am just looking for an alternative speed controller .

Any suggestions appreciated

Colin

I'm John.

Project do one and they sometimes come up secondhand on fleabay.

I'm Colin.

Thanks John I will have a look. Just not keen on Rega one as it’s just a bit flimsy in construction

COLIN

I'm Colin.

From what I can see Project are 16v motor supply rega is 24v so most likely not compatable

I'm Colin.

From what I can see Project are 16v motor supply rega is 24v so most likely not compatable

I'm John.

This has just come up on wam classifieds £150.
    https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...rega-neo-pssu/

I'm Colin.

Thanks John appreciated, I am not on the Wam and see someone has already pm’d regarding it. What I would prefer is an alternative as they are not the best and bit tacky build to be h9nest. Appreciate the help though.
    I just thought it’s one of the TT s that I thought may have alternatives available. I know Longdog does one so may go down that route

I'm Walter.

Teddy Pardo from Israel and Swagman from the Orient both make excellent, no frills power supplies.
    Last edited by albertan; 17-11-2022 at 04:34.

I'm Dave.

Rega do not produce 'flimsy' or 'tacky' products, what you are most likely experiencing is rough handling by the original owner of your turntable. Over the years I have sold several tens of thousands of Rega turntables and the fault rate can easily be counted on two hands.

One of the great selling points of Rega is their warranty and if you have problems your stockist will have it repaired or replaced free of charge. I would suggest you take this route or if you want an alternative, the Rega Neo Mk2 is an excellent choice for a reasonable sum.

+ Reply to Thread