+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grim! Songs that make you die inside

I'm Steve.

Another that's just come to mind is Jesse J, her voice is the opposite of relaxing (maybe that is the intention). But it just makes me anxious and ready to run away, like being shouted at by a big woman with tattoos and a baseball bat.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Have to say both Sheeran and Adele deserve each other. both ghastly artists.
    Agreed!!!!

Mind you I can't stand the sound of Tom Wait's voice , yet other's idolise him. Takes all sorts.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

God where do I start?
    Any 'modern' stuff that just keeps repeating (repeating,,repeating,,repeating) the same title or 3/4 words.
    FFS write dome bloody lyrics you knobs.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm John.

Agree on Robbie but anything by Rod is fine by me.

A pacific song that irritates and grates would be Bill Withers' Lovely Day, my God it's a pile of shite that one.

Anything wrapped us a ''rap'' is also a big no no as far as I'm concerned.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Strange old world isn't it? - I like Bill Withers. Anodyne it may be, but it doesn't grate on me.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

There are very few that truly grate, Robbie Williams would be up there though. I don’t know why I dislike him so much, but I just want to punch him every time I see or hear him.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Anybody who sings through a Vocoder or Voice Box. For example Peter Frampton. I can't stand the nasal sounding effect it produces. Unfortunately its use is currently very popular with young (to me) West African singers.
    Barry

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Strange old world isn't it? - I like Bill Withers. Anodyne it may be, but it doesn't grate on me.

It's just that one particular song by him that really irritates me to a point.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm bernard.

Totally agree

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post

A pacific song that irritates and grates would be Bill Withers' Lovely Day, my God it's a pile of shite that one.
    Glad I'm not the only one who hates that tune.

Another one I hate is 'Happy Song' by that Pharrell Williams bloke.

I will add that if anything at all by the Smiths or Beautiful South comes on then off it goes. Can't abide them. I know that's a bit out of date but I don't really know much of this modern stuff. I mean I hear it occasionally and it is mostly crap but I don't know the name of the song or who is singing it.

Can always listen to Rod Stewart sing anything. Except 'Sailing' but I give him a pass for that as he was one of the best at his prime.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast