+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member

I'm Grahame.

Default New member

Hi everyone my name is Grahame,
    Just a quick introduction, My musical tastes vary from Classical , Prog , jazz fusion , Funk and 80s, pretty much anything lol, I have just turned 60 so mellowing a bit hmm, I’m making more time now for music so in the process of building a new 2 channel system,
    I’m currently running an old Yamaha DSP A2 av amp which was great in its day but not doing the job I require now.
    Purchased a pair of Focal aria 926 which I thought awesome when demoed in richer sounds but not getting it with current Amp ! My main system will be streaming but get to that later,
    Any advice on what works well with these speakers welcome, be it separate or integrated ?
    Many thanks G.

I'm Rob.

Hello Grahane and welcome. So far as the Focal's are concerned and any other speaker for that matter, it's not so much whether amp and speaker work together but whether they work together in the room that they are placed. If you have had good sound with other speakers then it may not be the room that is the propblem.

Hifi Choice reviewed that Focals and said

"As a fan of Focal speakers, I have always been aware that they need a certain sort of source to partner them for best results; their upfront and engaging nature makes them lots of fun, but they won’t flatter poor front ends gladly"

Could be an interesting hunt for something suitable. Maybe Class A or Valve based. If there are other members nearby they might have something you could try.

I was a big fan of Funk in the 70s and 80s and have moved on to mellower stuff with a Jazzy vibe, they call it Jazztronica

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Grahame.

Don't worry about "mellowing" in your old age - I'm older than you but still like to listen to new acts and performances; but sad to say much of what appears today is ephemeral pap, and so discouraging. But even so, on occasion I can be surprised and delighted by something 'new'.

I have heard Focal speakers on a couple of occasions at audio shows and thought them very good, but would hesitate to suggest a suitable amplifier to drive them.

Welcome again

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Grahame, Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grahame.

Cheers Barry ����

I'm Grahame.

Thanks everyone

I'm Steve.

A massive welcome Pooly lad. Good to have you here.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome aboard the good ship AoS. Although sometimes it’s so surreal it could be the Yellow Submarine... Enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Welcome aboard the good ship AoS. Although sometimes it’s so surreal it could be the Yellow Submarine... Enjoy the forum.

welcome grahame. enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread