+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cassette deck drive belts

I'm guy.

Default cassette deck drive belts

Looking for recommendations (hopefully from experience )

I have recently retrieved a couple of Aurex PCX60AD cassette decks from a cupboard - all looks fine, power up etc. BUT drives do not engage.

Anyone know of a good source for replacement belts. I know that there are thousands on eBay, but I would think that the belts would need to be pretty good profile/smoothness/material if wow and flutter are to be kept to minimum?

Main reason for wanting to revive these decks is that I have quite a few recordings of old BBC radio "in concert" broadcasts made using the Aurex ADRES noise reduction system. I can play them on my non ADRES cassette, but would like to listen to them properly decoded.

Thanks in advance.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

This may help with working on it and if you find the remains of the old belt inside you may be able to estimate the size and type for a similar replacement.

https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=66513
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This may help with working on it and if you find the remains of the old belt inside you may be able to estimate the size and type for a similar replacement.

https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=66513
    thanks that's really useful - I was just going to open it and hope for the best
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ian.

I bought replacement belt kits for my Marantz and Nakamichi decks on ebay from a seller in Germany, his name started with "Revox" and then some numbers, ,sorry but I can't remember exactly. There were a few negative comments about him but I had no problems, his prices were good and delivery time was less than a week.
    With regards to service information there is a channel on Youtube called "Dr Cassette" who has serviced and repaired hundreds of machines, might be worth a look.
    Hope this helps.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm guy.

Thanks Ian - will look up seller and Dr cassette
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread