+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Power Inspired AG500 power regen with great power cables

I'm Mark.

Default FS: Power Inspired AG500 power regen with great power cables

I don't think these often come up for sale, and I thought I'd never sell it but I am moving to a completely different setup so I no longer need it.

I think a lot of people were gutted it was discontinued really, as it's bigger brother was overkill, potentially noisy in comparison and it didn't have IEC outlets so you'd end up with a load of fuses in use that you didn't need and maybe even an extension block.

So, this is 500w and gives a constant 230v of pure mains, it makes a big difference on things like sources, dacs, preamps, turntables and phono stages. The only thing you wouldn't use it for is any kind of integrated amp or power amp as it doesn't gel with them even if the current draw is within spec.

It can be vertical like in the photo, or the feet come off for horizontal, it is heavy and 2U height and width.

I first put this on a preamp and was really impressed, then used it to power low draw devices, you can even feed linear power supplies from it if you wanted to go mad.

There are 4 cables I am including, 3 are Missing Link Opus cables re-terminated to have Martin Kaiser silver plated IECs, the other is an MCRU one which I forget what it was. Missing Link Opus are fantastic cables for low current draw items like the things I mention above, I never found anything significantly better but found many worse (I believe the MCRU one was £50. Regular Opus cables with a mains plug at one end are £99 each from Missing Link).

Ok.... this is collection only, far too heavy to post, and this his Herefordshire (Note, Herefordshire NOT Hertfordshire).

£425 the lot, and a great upgrade path if you have several low current draw separates you can power from it, but worth it even for one item in many cases.

PM me if interested.

I'm Mark.

Oh, I forgot to say, it can save all the attached expensive items from power spikes and it has a bit of reserve power to get through a momentary power cut too.

I'm Jason.

I remember going to a friends placed
    And his system sounded
    Very different in a good way
    But i could not see any upgrades
    So i asked him what had he bought
    As his system sounded
    Even better, it was good anyway
    And he replied he had bought a power inspired
    Regen.
    I was blown away because until that
    Day i never thought such things worked.
    To my ears it sure did.
    It was a true blind test as until he told
    Me what had chanced i had no idea what it
    Was or that he had bought one.
    Your price is very good indeed
    But out of my budget but
    It differently a upgrade that actually works

I'm Mark.

I know what you mean. The first time I plugged one in was on a preamp and just on that alone I could tell immediately the difference within seconds. It just sounded like a much better preamp straight away.

I'm Jason.

I think such things are great
    As i find where i live depending on
    The time of the day my kit sounds
    Different, what your selling
    Provides clean mains.
    With my mini temple audio
    I can use battery and my phono
    Stage is battery powered.
    Good luck with the sale.

I'm Mark.

SOLD