+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyrus XA and Tidal

I'm John.

Default Cyrus XA and Tidal

The Tidal has been working just fine on my Cadence/Cyrus XA for a couple of years, but just recently it's greyed out on the app and isn't available on the XA front panel either.

Further investigation reveals that Cyrus have stopped supporting Tidal. On the Cyrus Cadence FAQ I was astonished to read:
    Q. Has Cadence stopped working with the Tidal streaming service?

A. Unfortunately, yes, due to an ongoing problem of piracy via streaming services, the record industry has forced through a fundamental change to the protocol that Tidal uses to authorise logins to their service. Cyrus has looked into this change in detail, and unfortunately the work required to update the Cadence app in line with these updates was not viable, so we have had to take the difficult decision to confirm that the Cadence app will not work with Tidal going forward.

We completely understand that this may cause issues for a number of our customers, but we have some recommended third party apps that customers can use instead of Cadence to continue to enable them to stream music from their Tidal Account to their Cyrus streamer.
    I contacted my retailer who investigated and, under a little pressure, agreed to give me a full refund, even though I'd have the device to two years.

Seems like a pretty shoddy way for Cyrus to behave. Bizarrely the Cyrus website still lists the Cyrus Stream XA as supporting Tidal!

I'm Phil.

incredible the retailer gave you a refund after 2 years !!! thats pretty unheard of .... they deserve a medal

hope cyrus are reading this re tidal but it has been on FB cyrus groups quite a bit
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm John.

My Pioneer N50AE streamer stopped recognising MQA files on Tidal earlier in the year after I updated the firmware. The update included a change to the log in. I have been in correspondence with Pioneer ever since and they keep fobbing me off saying they are working on it with TIDAL. Bet it’s the same issue

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    incredible the retailer gave you a refund after 2 years !!! thats pretty unheard of .... they deserve a medal
    Indeed, Richer Sounds were fantastic. Not only that, but they had already replaced a Cambridge CXN streamer with an identical model (issues with the app) and replaced another with the Cyrus XA when the app issues couldn't be resolved..

I shalln't buy another Cyrus device, their attitude to customers is appalling - have you tried phoning them recently?

I'm Steve.

Welcome to AofS John

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    Welcome to AofS John
    Weird when that happens

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Indeed, Richer Sounds were fantastic. Not only that, but they had already replaced a Cambridge CXN streamer with an identical model (issues with the app) and replaced another with the Cyrus XA when the app issues couldn't be resolved..

I shalln't buy another Cyrus device, their attitude to customers is appalling - have you tried phoning them recently?
    another brownie point for richer , they seem to consistantly do welll .sorry to hear you think their customer service is bad at cyrus .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread