The princess WANTED to see Erasure, one of her fav bands from the 80s, and also taken shopping of course lol, so we booked up and stayed overnight in the UK's second largest city (down early Sat morning on the train, back teatime on Sunday), which beforehand we'd only just passed through - a great time was had!

I have to say we were both very impressed with Birmingham city centre, which had all-manner of interesting shops, pubs and eateries (and the people were very friendly), including some rather nice architecture, both old and modern. It also had a very cool, chilled out vibe and nightlife, down by the canal:

Some different shots:

Chinese quarter, where we had lunch:

Arena rom the outside:

We arrived early, in order to avoid queuing for long to get in (with Covid checks, etc), and just chilled out to some choons the resident DJ was playing (all pretty cool mixes of classic 80s tracks)... At 6.30pm, the arena looked like this:

And by 7.30pm it was like this:

...and continued to get more and more rammed (approx 25,000 people in total) until the gig started just after 8pm. Although I'm not a massive Erasure fan, Del LURVES them and was like a kid in a sweet shop, dancing about and having fun some other girls sat beside us she'd been chatting to, so if she's happy, I'm happy - and it was a good night

Even at the rip old ages of 57 and 61, respectively, Andy Bell and Vince Clarke still had their mojo! And the stage set was superb... Sound was LOUD as fuck!! And pretty decent quality too, with bass that rattled your ribcage! Del took some vids on her phone, which she's still to send me, so will take a few screen grabs from those and post them later.

Marco.