+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which DAC ?

I'm Aris.

Default Which DAC ?

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask a suggestion...
    Bearing in mind that all input of my pre croft Micro 25R are used, what solution you suggest to implement a media server ?
    Slowly but steadily, I have amassed quite a big digital library and I would like to being able to listen to it through my system...

What solution you think will work best ?
    Any recommendation ?
    I am not an expert...
    Thanks !
    Nottingham Analogue Dais, Ace Space 12", Decca Super Gold, Croft Micro 25R, Croft Series 7R, Harbeth SHL5+, Oppo BDP-105D, Hama DIT2010

"Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer; it move two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of Utopia? The point is this: to keep walking." E.Galeano

I'm Martin.

you can get an input switcher box to give you one or more additional inputs. Loads of them about starting at £15
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Aris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    you can get an input switcher box to give you one or more additional inputs. Loads of them about starting at £15
    Hi Macca,
    Thanks for the help.
    Any specific product recommendation ?
    Thanks
    Nottingham Analogue Dais, Ace Space 12", Decca Super Gold, Croft Micro 25R, Croft Series 7R, Harbeth SHL5+, Oppo BDP-105D, Hama DIT2010

"Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer; it move two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of Utopia? The point is this: to keep walking." E.Galeano

I'm Lawrence.

There's usually a QED on eBay. You could rewire it internally with better cable sometime if you're able.
    Just out of interest what are all your sources?

I'm Aris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    There's usually a QED on eBay. You could rewire it internally with better cable sometime if you're able.
    Just out of interest what are all your sources?
    Thanks Lawrence001,
    Better buy an already finished product...

My sources are: Dias, Oppo, Hama, and a Sat decoder for Tv (Humax iCord).

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo69 View Post
    Thanks Lawrence001,
    Better buy an already finished product...

My sources are: Dias, Oppo, Hama, and a Sat decoder for Tv (Humax iCord).
    The QED is a finished product.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Macca,
    Thanks for the help.
    Any specific product recommendation ?
    Thanks
    As already said QED are a safe bet.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Aris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The QED is a finished product.
    Yes, but I was referring to the suggestion of "rewiring the internal cables"..

I'm Aris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As already said QED are a safe bet.
    Found it on ebay.
    Thanks !

I'm Martin.

None of those, they are all for connecting multiple speakers. You need an input switcher.

here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194429872...75.c101224.m-1

Or this one is BIN https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304133094...0AAOSw7v1hM1u4
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast