+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which DAC ?

I'm Lawrence.

Yes thanks apart from the concerns you'll be well aware of. Gabriel has turned out to be a talented little football player

Apologies to the OP for the thread drift!

So it's a Bluesound Node plus a good DAC with the change from £500. Dare I suggest Topping?

I'm Aris.

Maybe I have to explain better my needs.

I have a 1TB~ digital library (FLAC files) that I will put on my NAS, and I would like to listen to this library through my system.

Problem: all the inputs of the Croft Micro 25R pre-amp are occupied.

My "thinking" was: use a DAC with at least one RCA input (to free an input on the Croft pre), connecting the DAC to the NAS via Ethernet or USB, and connect the DAC (OUT RCA) to a Croft input...

This way when I select "line 3" (for example), I will listen to the sources connected to the DAC...

As stated..I am not an "expert"...

Maybe as Lawrence001 suggest, a streamer is more suited for this need ?

Edward: No, unfortunately JRiver cannot be installed on Synology NAS, but this app could https://www.synology.com/en-in/dsm/f.../audio_station , or Plex Media server.

Thanks !
    Last edited by Gibo69; 18-10-2021 at 16:51.
    Nottingham Analogue Dais, Ace Space 12", Decca Super Gold, Croft Micro 25R, Croft Series 7R, Harbeth SHL5+, Oppo BDP-105D, Hama DIT2010

"Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer; it move two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of Utopia? The point is this: to keep walking." E.Galeano

I'm Ian.

I have a qed switch box in a cupboard some where, clicks and pops galore never worked for me, might be faulty dont know, BUT i can 200%,recomend kramer switch boxes, they cost a fortune but come upnon the bay for peanuts, well a few quid

I'm Kevin.

Only DAC I know of (I don’t know many) with an RCA input is the Benchmark DAC HGC. It comes in version 1, 2 or 3, and I think you can bypass the volume control. The DAC 3 version may be called the DAC 3L
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Alastair.

DACs with an RCA input are few and far between, if they exist at all. If your OPPO has a digital out (Coax or Optical) you could feed that into a DAC, thus freeing-up RCA inputs on your Croft. You might be able to do the same with your Hama too. Many DACs have a remote so you can switch between the outputs.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Martin.

The RME Pro has analogue input but XLR only so you'd have to use adaptors. It's expensive but does have a lot of bells and whistles.

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/RME-...90c1a6a8cbee45
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

or there's this one a bit cheaper https://www.analogueseduction.net/da...minilpro3.html
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Stan Beresford made one. Think I've still got it. But he sells a multiswitch still I think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Aris.

I'm back..
    I found the solution....was already "there"...
    The Oppo has a "network" option as a source and I've checked if it was possible play some music from the NAS and it run without problem!
    I think I am set.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP1...ish_v1.1.2.pdf
    Nottingham Analogue Dais, Ace Space 12", Decca Super Gold, Croft Micro 25R, Croft Series 7R, Harbeth SHL5+, Oppo BDP-105D, Hama DIT2010

"Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer; it move two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of Utopia? The point is this: to keep walking." E.Galeano

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast