+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy from a youngen in Cheltenham!

I'm Zak.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Zac.

Great introduction - you started your journey a little earlier in age than I, but have made a great start, Well done.

I've often admired the JBL Century L100s. I first heard them in a record shop in Manchester. They were suspended from the ceiling and sounded very good. If I owned a pair I think I would have two sets of the foam grilles: one set orange, the second brown. (very '70's. )

What are your tastes in music? (We're a bit of a nosey bunch here. )

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Hey Barry! Thanks for the welcome.

Yes bit of a baby here! Not quite sure how it started but it most certainly had nothing to do with my parents.

Yes the century's certainly are a classic, I've heard a pair of the century's myself and think they are *fine* not particularly exceptional and defo get more cop than they deserve, and all in all have aged poorly with there basic cab design and very of the era drive array. THANKFULLY! The new classics (what I have) solve all those issues but I'm sure you guys already know about most of that. All in all its basically a brand new speaker made to look like a 70s speakers its even bigger in proportions too!

Hmm music? It's always a difficult one to answer that. I'll get the likely most controversial category out of the way, and that'll be Disco. I'm a big listener of disco but I also study the cultural movement a fair amount too so its not just about the music with that. Other stuff is lots of female vocalists, especially jazz the usual Fitzgerald and all that.
    Instead of me explaining I'll link my last fm library:
    https://www.last.fm/user/ProfessorP3...ate_preset=ALL
    Though this only accounts for stuff via streaming! And mostly doesn't represent my day today listening (P.s ignore the madonna phase )

I must add that my last fm is mostly populated via work listening rather than critical listening. Adding to the stuff previously mentioned I actually enjoy a good Opera, really enjoy some of the 'modern' English operas like Porgy and Bess and also enjoy the jazz versions by the Likes of Ella & Louise. I suppose I can just say the usual varied taste but mostly it's female vocals, though recently been listening to alot more 60s/70s male soul acts. Mayfield, Roon Matlock, Billy Paul etc! Will say my personal favourite artist would probably be Grace Jones, though defo wouldn't consider here an exceptional singer: atleast her early-mid 80s stuff tend to be exceptionally well produced!

Hopefully that all helps!
    Last edited by ProfessiorP3PP3R; 22-10-2021 at 20:03.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12