+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kef Reference

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoseley View Post
    morning all
    Having previously asked about Celestions, I had lots of great/helpful answers and several pointed me towards older KEFs as a possible alternative.
    I’ve come across a pair of model two-twos and before I do anything, just wanted to ask opinions.
    Room 4.3 * 3.8m. Amp Rega Brio 50 WPC.
    Any things I should look for in particular? Any weak points on these? Any common faults/items needing repairs?
    Replacement parts/driver availability?
    Thanks so much for any help if only to say ‘they’re not for you’.
    Urgent PM sent,!

I'm Lawrence.

Have you seen the Chris Rogers TLs in the classifieds? Not a million miles away from you and the perfect chance to dip your toe in the TL water, if not maybe find your keeper speakers.

I'm Steve.

I have a pair of KEF Reference 104aB, and can drive them with an 8 watt class A Pass ACA to reasonable listening levels, so I'm sure the Brio would be plenty for those if you could find a pair, I would avoid the non aB version though as it is not as robust with higher power amps.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    I have a pair of KEF Reference 104aB, and can drive them with an 8 watt class A Pass ACA to reasonable listening levels, so I'm sure the Brio would be plenty for those if you could find a pair, I would avoid the non aB version though as it is not as robust with higher power amps.
    many thanks for this.
    The 104ab is one of the speakers previously recommended and it’s on my list of possibles.
    Stuart

I'm Andrew.

I own two pairs of these which have been stacked and made active and they sound immense . They also sound excellent as a passive speaker and being sealed baffle they work best close to a wall which is ofet useful in smaller rooms . This looks to be a reasonable pair and they should go for a pretty low price .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165294020...AAAOSw2ZBh1xW3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123