+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knosti disco anti stat - spin type vinyl cleaner

I'm Stuart.

Default Knosti disco anti stat - spin type vinyl cleaner

Morning all
    Very specific question which I’m assuming few will have come across but would anyone who has owned/used this bit of kit (the version 1 not the ver 2) kindly let me know if they have ever tried and succeeded in removing the (non removeable) brushes.
    An even bigger bonus would be knowing if the brushes have been removed, whether you can source replacements.
    Thanks for any info.

I'm Pavel.

I just had a look at mine - I don't think the brushes are removable.

I'm Nigel.

The new brushes are priced around twenty quid. I just bought a version 2 bath, brushes included, for £22. Just to mention, before use, the new brushes were easily removed. After a few uses, I can no longer pull them out with my fingers, I would have to use pliers. I am sure this will result in damaging them. Basically, in my experience, the new version brushes aren't quite as removable as I was led to believe.

I'm malcolm.

Official site

https://www.knosti.de/shop/en/search...h=antistat&p=1

appears brushes only replaceable on generation II models
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Colin.

I use both versions, the older version has easily removed brushes, the newer is a pain in the butt.

I remove the brushes after every use and give them a good wash and dry.

The newer ones I have tried to squeeze and compress the metal grip with pliers to enable the brush to slip more freely into the groove, if that makes sense.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin123 View Post
    I use both versions, the older version has easily removed brushes, the newer is a pain in the butt.

I remove the brushes after every use and give them a good wash and dry.

The newer ones I have tried to squeeze and compress the metal grip with pliers to enable the brush to slip more freely into the groove, if that makes sense.
    Hi Colin
    So just to confirm, you’ve been able to remove the brushes from the v1 despite the manufacturer saying that they are ‘non removable’?
    Given how tightly fitting mine are, I presume you must have a technique or use some DIY implement? (Is this where the pliers come in?)
    Mine certainly won’t come out by pulling with my fingers.
    Does it look as though or have you tried to see if the brushes for the v2 Knosti fit into the slots on the v1? (Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your comment about newer brushes and pliers).
    Thanks
    Stuart

I'm Pavel.

I found on their website that the latest version of 1st-gen Antistat has removable brushes: https://www.knosti.de/shop/en/vinyl/...t-hair-brushes

Mine is an earlier version apparently because I just don't see how it would be possible to remove the brushes without destroying the plastic holders.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I found on their website that the latest version of 1st-gen Antistat has removable brushes: https://www.knosti.de/shop/en/vinyl/...t-hair-brushes

Mine is an earlier version apparently because I just don't see how it would be possible to remove the brushes without destroying the plastic holders.
    Thanks for the link which I’ve previously seen.
    this is what I find so frustrating;
    These brushes are described as being for ‘generation 1’ machines. But in the description goes on to say ‘for generation 1 from series 2021’
    it goes on to say that from series 2021, brushes can be removed.
    But then in the final paragraph ‘on older generation 1 washers the brushes are permanently installed and cannot be removed’
    So, are ‘older generation 1’ washers different to ‘generation 1 from series 2021’?
    by the way - I’m not expecting you to answer this.
    The brushes pictured in the ad look exactly the same as the brushes in my very old Knosti - I.e. the ones which are said to non removeable.
    When I’ve asked the manufacturer whether they fit the old machines, all I’m told I’d that the brushes in the very old machines are not removable and even if they were, no-one knows if these would fit.
    For what it’s worth, I had to remove my brushes from my very old Knosti 1 as I had to try to determine the reason for some discolouration on the bristles.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post

Yep mine are the same, I think I might be able to get the brushes out with dental hooks but I'm pretty sure I'd destroy them in the process. Here's a quote from Pavel's link

'Product information "Disco-Antistat replacement brushes Gen. I, set of 2 goat hair brushes"
    Set of 2 goat hair brushes for Disco-Antistat record washer Generation I from series 2021.

From the 2021 series onwards, the brushes can be removed and replaced if necessary. The new series can be recognised by the 2 blind plugs at the top left and right of the tray.

On older Generation I washers, the brushes are permanently installed and cannot be replaced!'
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoseley View Post
    Hi Colin
    So just to confirm, you’ve been able to remove the brushes from the v1 despite the manufacturer saying that they are ‘non removable’?
    Given how tightly fitting mine are, I presume you must have a technique or use some DIY implement? (Is this where the pliers come in?)
    Mine certainly won’t come out by pulling with my fingers.
    Does it look as though or have you tried to see if the brushes for the v2 Knosti fit into the slots on the v1? (Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your comment about newer brushes and pliers).
    Thanks
    Stuart
    Hi Stuart, I don't recognise the term Version 1, my earlier one is called Knosti Disco antistat. It is probably around 10 years old, I can't quite remember the exact age of it, maybe older, the brushed are removeable.

My newer version is called Generation 2. It's brushes are also removeable though their fit is so tight I have to resort to. pliers to remove them.
    I have tried to nip the metal with pliers to reduce their width which has helped to a degree.

The generation 2 brushes will fit the older Knosti.

From what you are saying there appears to be another version I know nothing about.

Hope that helps.
    Colin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast