+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knosti disco anti stat - spin type vinyl cleaner

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin123 View Post
    Hi Stuart, I don't recognise the term Version 1, my earlier one is called Knosti Disco antistat. It is probably around 10 years old, I can't quite remember the exact age of it, maybe older, the brushed are removeable.

My newer version is called Generation 2. It's brushes are also removeable though their fit is so tight I have to resort to. pliers to remove them.
    I have tried to nip the metal with pliers to reduce their width which has helped to a degree.

The generation 2 brushes will fit the older Knosti.

From what you are saying there appears to be another version I know nothing about.

Hope that helps.
    Colin.
    hi Colin
    Thanks for the reply.
    I don’t want to waste too much more of your time on this but if you could just clarify one other thing?
    With your original Knosti (I’m fairly sure mine is the same - the circular label clamp doesn’t have a cranked handle like the gen 2), how have you removed the brushes which the manufacturer says are non-removeable?
    there is no way mine can be removed by hand. Long nose pliers or some other way?
    You seem to be the only person I can find who has actually managed to remove brushes from the original Knosti and replaced them with new brushes from the gen 2.
    Even the manufacturer wasn’t able to confirm to me that this is possible or that they fit!!
    Thanks for your patience. I really don’t want to be buying a spare set of ver/gen 2 brushes if they’re simply going to sit unused.
    Stuart

I'm Colin.

With your original Knosti (I’m fairly sure mine is the same - the circular label clamp doesn’t have a cranked handle like the gen 2

Yes, that's right.

How have you removed the brushes which the manufacturer says are non-removeable?

I remove them in exactly the same way as the generation 2.
    The trough is identical to the gen 2 apart from the red 'locks' to hold the clamp in place and it's white as opposed to brown.

It seems to me that there may be a version, that you have, that I know nothing about.

Colin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12