+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Transcendent Audio Son of Beast OTL power amp

I'm Des.

Default FS: Transcendent Audio Son of Beast OTL power amp

15W per channel Output Transformer ess power amp in excellent condition. It has 5 spare EL509 power tubes and 2 sets of ECC82 valves along with the 8 and 4 in the amp (over £450 of valves) and a sound unlike any valve amp I've heard before (in a good way). Everything sounds so real, the bass is textured and extended, treble isn't rolled off and the midrange has a clarity I've not heard at 5 times this price. The two knobs on the rear are for zeroing DC on each channel.

So why am I selling you ask, truth is an accident with one of the cats (tried to clear the amp but didn't) has meant a large vets bill and wife who wants rid of valves from the house. I already consider myself lucky being able to have the hi fi in such a prominent spot that I'm giving this up as a lost cause for the time being.

Price is £400 collected from Sheffield, which I'd much prefer, or postage at buyers expense.

Rega RP8/RB3000/AT OC9XML, Clones Audio PA1, DDDac1794/Pi4, Rega Elicit-r, Bastanis Wildhorn speakers.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

This is a very good amp, buy with confidence.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Hotze.

Default SOB

Good day Soulman, nice power amp for sure and rarely on the secondhand market. We have something in common as I also am playing with the Wildhorns... Former owner of Club 27 Robert and Kurt MkII.
    You got a great NOS D/A converter from the Dutch Doede Douma. I have built appr. 10 years ago the SE OTL 1.5 watt version which I sold after one year regrettably... the combination with Fostex 8" Sigma
    was a great match. I am now playing with another product from our USA Tubeguru Bruce Rozenblitt, the KT120 Bruiser, think super rare in Europe, connected to a Schitt Frey plus Preamp.
    Have also an Audio Note Kit 300B with a Mullard GZ37 and German Elrog 300B's. I am yet considering buying the new 1 watt SE OTL from Transcendentsound however not yet ready to ship and 15 watts Push Pull might even do a better job with the Wildhorns (Including the Gemini tweeters...). . These Chinese tubes must be the ECC81, not the 82 version though? Do you feel the need for the SE version OTL nevertheless is better or keep a transformer coupled SE triode amp with the Wildhorns? Well this is it for now, awaiting your comments. Best regards, Hotze

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, front end valves on this are ECC 81.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Hotze.

Good afternoon, I would like to proceed by buying this amplifier. Yet a few remarks however, the power tubes are so EL509, are these JJ or other as Svetlana? Amplifier is in mint condition?, No scratches and so on? You have the hood? (not really important actually) You got also the building guidelines document? Hope to hear from you soon. The amplifier will be picked up by Fedex/TNT and shipped to Holland on my expenses of course, you only pack the amplifier securely. I will take care of the rest. Best regards, Hotze

I'm Des.

Quote Originally Posted by Esote View Post
    Good afternoon, I would like to proceed by buying this amplifier. Yet a few remarks however, the power tubes are so EL509, are these JJ or other as Svetlana? Amplifier is in mint condition?, No scratches and so on? You have the hood? (not really important actually) You got also the building guidelines document? Hope to hear from you soon. The amplifier will be picked up by Fedex/TNT and shipped to Holland on my expenses of course, you only pack the amplifier securely. I will take care of the rest. Best regards, Hotze
    Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, the amp us on hold whilst I'm waiting to find out about a swap. If it doesn’t work out I'll contact you,

Des
    Rega RP8/RB3000/AT OC9XML, Clones Audio PA1, DDDac1794/Pi4, Rega Elicit-r, Bastanis Wildhorn speakers.

+ Reply to Thread