+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBC Sounds chromecast

I'm Martin.

Default BBC Sounds chromecast

I have a mixed wired and wifi network, a CXNv2 has a wired ethernet connection via a loop through on the Innuos Zen, a Samsung A7 tablet is connected on the same network via wifi. For some reason casting BBC sounds has stopped working, there is a handshake in that the CXN says it is being cast to and the app says its casting to the CXN but the audio stays resolutely on the tablet. By contrast running the Spotify app you can choose either Connect or cast and both work as you would expect, similarly my wife's phone. also a Samsung, can cast BBC sounds to the CXN which also works fine. I can mirror the tablet audio via Google home to the CXN which works ok, but it isn't the best option.I have factory reset all the equipment and reinstalled all the apps from scratch without success. It appears to be a combination of a Samsung tablet and the BBC Sounds app which has reached the limits of my understanding, can anyone suggest a reason or how I might pursue this?
    Thanks
    Martin

I'm Martin.

Well, 154 views and no answers but thanks to everyone who had a look. Current thinking here is a tablet Android update has caused a handshake protocol misfunction. I wonder how you address this issue and what are the chances of success?
    Martin

I'm Andrew.

Hi Martin

Just read this and I can only suggest one thing that might help . This is a long shot but worth at least a try . Firstly uninstall the BBC Sounds App from your Samsung Tablet and make sure that it fully uninstalled . Clean you cache after the uninstall and then turn the samsung off for at least a minute . Restart it and then do a new install of the BBC Sounds App if it does not ask you for your login details when you set it up then it has not been fully uninstalled . Hopefully though it will have and you should log back in to BBC Sounds and give it a try . This what happened (not casting) with my Amazon Cube as the original BBC App would not work but a full clean and new install solved the issues .

I'm Martin.

I have tried Bencat's suggestion with no joy but just today I have found out that the Logitech plugin for BBC Sounds has changed, I wonder if that's a clue. I will eventually find out I feel, patience needed.
    Martin

I'm Martin.

By the application of chunks of money I have made the problem go away. With the help of Innuos I have made the BBC sounds LMS plugin function, albeit not particularly elegantly for the moment, which means I no longer have to chromecast to the CXN which has also been replaced by an RME DAC2, which is certainly improvement on the Cambridge DAC. I am now in the happier position in that all internet streams are through the Zen and converted in the RME. Of course all this hi tech kit rather shows up the inadequacies of the original source material and recording techniques, especially some of less well equipped American studios of the 50s. It all sounded fine on my AM radio 60 years ago.
    Martin

I'm Martin.

I thought this done with but it appears that all our cast enabled devices are the same, that's two tablets and a mobile, that cannot cast to a Naim Muso, the Cambridge CXN, and anything else on the network. I suppose there might be a network issue I don't understand but they all can cast Spotify but not BBC Sounds, I wonder why? An email has been sent to the BBC, we'll see what they say.

+ Reply to Thread