+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy companies going bust

I'm Alex.

Default Energy companies going bust

My energy company (Green.energy) who have given me good service sent me an email that they have ceased trading.

Unfortunately, I am in credit to about £500, I presume that I can say goodbye to this?
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    My energy company (Green.energy) who have given me good service sent me an email that they have ceased trading.

Unfortunately, I am in credit to about £500, I presume that I can say goodbye to this?
    no you should retain it with whoever takes on the customers Alex. I know mine is in difficulty at moment and are seeking extra investment. Just hoping the survive.(bulb)im in credit too but not as much
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no you should retain it with whoever takes on the customers Alex. I know mine is in difficulty at moment and are seeking extra investment. Just hoping the survive.(bulb)im in credit too but not as much
    Thank you Grant, that is reassuring, they will probably sign me up with British Gas, If so, I shall leave them as soon as possible.

The reason I've got so much credit is that months ago Green gave me a bonus for paying up front.
    Spendorman

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sad to hear, but this was one of the reasons we've always stuck with the 'big boys', such as British Gas, even if sometimes they've been more expensive, rather than moving to whatever 'flavour of the month' new energy supplier was being touted as better, just because it was cheaper.

However, I hope you guys retain use of the credit you've paid for, which I'm sure you will

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

hopefully they'll all go bust and we can go back to a government owned single energy company that supplies at cost plus investment. Like any sane country would have.

The only reason we have all these companies is to scam the consumer. They saw it in America (where the abuse of the system to make profit was staggering and led to black-outs, google for 'Enron blackouts') and thought 'We'll have a slice of that over here too.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

ive been with bulb for quite a while. best company ive ever had. i hope they survive.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    hopefully they'll all go bust and we can go back to a government owned single energy company that supplies at cost plus investment. Like any sane country would have.

The only reason we have all these companies is to scam the consumer. They saw it in America (where the abuse of the system to make profit was staggering and led to black-outs, google for 'Enron blackouts') and thought 'We'll have a slice of that over here too.'
    scottish govt was supposed to be starting an energy company...knowing them it will take another half century to get going
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Don't talk to me about 'Krankie'; she's dead to me (as they say in the mafia) now that she's brought bona fide vaccine passports into force in Scotland. In fact, most of her behaviour throughout this pandemic has shown her true (authoritarian) colours, and if I were in Scotland I certainly wouldn't be voting for her, as I would've done once!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

As usual, a potentially good idea, if done right (to reduce government control and offer more choice/cost savings for the consumer) has been ruined by taking it to extremes, through sheer greed for gold!

Marco [not a fan of a government single-owned anything, especially something as important as energy].
    Main System

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive been with bulb for quite a while. best company ive ever had. i hope they survive.
    Green.Energy and Ebico were excellent companies, good price and helpful. Best utility companies that I've used.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast