+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auna 600 floor standers

I'm Rob.

Default Auna 600 floor standers

Hi , I’m considering an upgrade to my current Gale floor standers
    I’m looking at a few options and the price & features of the Auna 600 speakers fit the bill , the reviews are good , I’m wondering if anyone one on here has them & would be kind enough to give me their opinion, thanks in advance, Rob .

I'm Geoff.

If you like them Rob, buy them. But get a listen to some first if you can, to see how they sound. Auna are not a name that is normally associated with Hi-Fi speakers, so what is attracting you to them?

Be wary of 'user reviews', opinions are only likely to be as good as the equipment something is being compared to, which could be anything and user reviews are notorious for being faked.

Not sure what the score is now, but Auna used to be a Spanish telecommunications company and diverted part of their business to marketing Chinese electronic products.

For the money, I personally might be looking at something like a set of Rega floorstanders (possibly used). At least you can get parts for them and they are likely to sound decent.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Personally, if I was on a very tight budget for speakers, I'd go second hand rather than very cheap new.

Googling the Auna Speakers they look to be around £200. IMO you're not going to get great new speakers (especially floorstanders) for that. However, if you look at ebay and what you can get for £200, there are some real bargains there. If you're new to Hi-Fi I'd suggest sticking to a well know speaker brands. For example, there are lot of KEF, Mission, and Tannoy speakers in that range that are a fairly safe bet. There are even a few Rega's available in that price bracket (though they're in auction so may go up - and are collect only).

The great thing about 2nd hand is if you don't like them, there is a very good chance you'll be able to sell them on for around the same price you bought them for.
    Last edited by ReggieB; 20-09-2021 at 08:53.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Lawrence.

No offence Rob but I think you'll struggle to find anyone on here to recommend them as honestly they don't look like proper hifi speakers. That's not me being a snob I've had good budget speakers before, they just look more like white van speakers to me.

As had been said you're better off with a pair of well looked after second hand speakers. For £200 you'd get some decent speakers. I'd add Castle and Monitor Audio to the list of brands above. They are very different sounding, Castle are laid back while Monitor Audio are more up front and bright, but to some ultimately fatiguing. If you like to get home, open a bottle of red and sit back listening to 50s jazz go with Castle. If you want to jump around to rock or dance, go with MA. Ok it's not that simple but that's a good starting point, if you can hear them first to get an idea it will help, but ultimately it's how they sound in your room with your system that matters.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you like them Rob, buy them. But get a listen to some first if you can, to see how they sound. Auna are not a name that is normally associated with Hi-Fi speakers, so what is attracting you to them?

Be wary of 'user reviews', opinions are only likely to be as good as the equipment something is being compared to, which could be anything and user reviews are notorious for being faked.

Not sure what the score is now, but Auna used to be a Spanish telecommunications company and diverted part of their business to marketing Chinese electronic products.

For the money, I personally might be looking at something like a set of Rega floorstanders (possibly used). At least you can get parts for them and they are likely to sound decent.
    yes i dealt with a very unscrupulous domestic repair company who charge nearly 90% cancellation charges , [ mysmartcover] i swear their reviews are false as they are scandalous
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    No offence Rob but I think you'll struggle to find anyone on here to recommend them as honestly they don't look like proper hifi speakers. That's not me being a snob I've had good budget speakers before, they just look more like white van speakers to me.

As had been said you're better off with a pair of well looked after second hand speakers. For £200 you'd get some decent speakers. I'd add Castle and Monitor Audio to the list of brands above. They are very different sounding, Castle are laid back while Monitor Audio are more up front and bright, but to some ultimately fatiguing. If you like to get home, open a bottle of red and sit back listening to 50s jazz go with Castle. If you want to jump around to rock or dance, go with MA. Ok it's not that simple but that's a good starting point, if you can hear them first to get an idea it will help, but ultimately it's how they sound in your room with your system that matters.
    Some sound advice there, Rob.

As Lawrence says, we're not being snooty about your plans, but buying an unknown product like that could be a costly mistake if they don't suit, and you'd probably lose most of your outlay if you tried to sell them on. Choosing 2nd hand from a known and respected manufacturer makes much more sense.

Looking at Auna 600 stats, I see that they are almost as big as my speakers, but less than half the weight. That might be significant.

In any case, let us know how you go on.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread