+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Loudspeakers

I'm Martin.

Default Chinese Loudspeakers

Just been looking at some of the speakers available on Ali Express.

Some interesting looking ones, no idea what they would be like but would love to try some of them just to see. Couple of models look very...familair. Seems to me that the Chinese are were the Japanese were in the late sixties early seventies when they were making facsimiles of JBL and AR speakers.

Here's the Orsefon 'Princess', remind you of anything?

Or if you don't fancy them there's the Qatlon M3B

Loads more here if you scroll down https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...5b02192766bf64

I'm guessing no-one reading this has been brave enough to try any of them
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

The names are so cringe.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just been looking at some of the speakers available on Ali Express.

Some interesting looking ones, no idea what they would be like but would love to try some of them just to see. Couple of models look very...familair. Seems to me that the Chinese are were the Japanese were in the late sixties early seventies when they were making facsimiles of JBL and AR speakers.

Here's the Orsefon 'Princess', remind you of anything?

Or if you don't fancy them there's the Qatlon M3B

Loads more here if you scroll down https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...5b02192766bf64

I'm guessing no-one reading this has been brave enough to try any of them
    I read somewhere that British brands (particularly vintage) is much sought after in China. These products are probably mostly for the domestic market, catering for those who can't afford the real deal.

They look pretty good, and maybe sound good too, but I'm with Shane on the name choices - definitely a "Person of Chinese origin" in their armour. I'm in no hurry to buy something that calls itself "Nobsound" either. Names matter
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    The names are so cringe.

S.
    True, I was hoping there'd be more of them named after 1970s British Leyland cars but I can't find a Montego or Marina model. Not to say there aren't any though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Paul.

The quality looks ok from the photos but taking a punt on pics alone would be crazy.

I think this is a case of taking advantage of some popular looking speakers that won't sound the same or last as long.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Geoff.

There have been 'cloned' Tannoy style drivers available from China for years. I expect Chinese parts are used in the making of Tannoys and B&Ws these days, maybe they even make whole speakers for them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

My guess is they reverse engineered the Tannoy DC, how successful that was I don't know but I'm still intrigued.

The B&W 'homage' is clearly no more than that though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I'm betting the 'tulip waveguide' Tannoy dual-concentric drivers have been Chinese made (on the quiet) for maybe twenty years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm betting the 'tulip waveguide' Tannoy dual-concentric drivers have been Chinese made (on the quiet) for maybe twenty years.
    it wouldn't surprise me mate, my PrimaLuna amp is Chinese made and the quality is excellent which shows that it's possible for high quality audio components to be made there

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

Like these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/22234669704...EAAOSwXYtYtEpR

Which have been available for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast