+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Novafidelity/cocktail audio

  1. #1
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Wakefield west yorkshire

    Posts: 1,765
    I'm James.

    Default Novafidelity/cocktail audio

    Hello, is anyone using any of the novafidelity/cocktail audio devices? I'm using an x40, great but quirky. I have say 10 albums by David Bowie, if i search David Bowie it might show just two albums the others coming under Bowie David, david bowie, etc, is there any way I can group them all together? Same issues with other artists, any help would be great, ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, roksan k3 power amp, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, Anthony Gallo A'diva speakers

  2. #2
    Join Date: Jun 2020

    Location: Rotorua NZ

    Posts: 248
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Hi Jim, sounds like a meta data issue and is caused by the files being named in different ways. ie some named "David Bowie" and some "Bowie David".
    I have not used the unit you are using but you may need to edit the tag files/information so that the artist name is all the same.
    Here's a link to where it is explained, hope it helps, Pete

    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...page=53#manual
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Music Streamer II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn & Straight Wire
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD450

  3. #3
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Wakefield west yorkshire

    Posts: 1,765
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete812 View Post
    Hi Jim, sounds like a meta data issue and is caused by the files being named in different ways. ie some named "David Bowie" and some "Bowie David".
    I have not used the unit you are using but you may need to edit the tag files/information so that the artist name is all the same.
    Here's a link to where it is explained, hope it helps, Pete

    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...page=53#manual
    Ta for the reply Peter, yes I think you're rite, managed to get a response from novatron in Korea so I've kind of sorted it, not sure I could be arst editing loads of albums but I've no doubt it would make the x40 more pleasurable to use
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, roksan k3 power amp, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, Anthony Gallo A'diva speakers

  4. #4
    Join Date: Jun 2020

    Location: Rotorua NZ

    Posts: 248
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    not sure I could be arst editing loads of albums but I've no doubt it would make the x40 more pleasurable to use
    It'll give you something to do whilst you are listening to music
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Music Streamer II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn & Straight Wire
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD450

  5. #5
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Gerrards Cross

    Posts: 2,758
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    The X40 is early model from NF and like all streamers of the generation has it's quirks (6 years and older), Pauld on this forum has owned one for a few years and I am sure he can ease you through the indosyncratic nature and pass on a few tips for you.

    Support is Via Novatron for these older models now
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

  6. #6
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Wakefield west yorkshire

    Posts: 1,765
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    The X40 is early model from NF and like all streamers of the generation has it's quirks (6 years and older), Pauld on this forum has owned one for a few years and I am sure he can ease you through the indosyncratic nature and pass on a few tips for you.

    Support is Via Novatron for these older models now
    Thanks Tony
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, roksan k3 power amp, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, Anthony Gallo A'diva speakers

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •